Those supermarket brands...

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that claim to be formulated to promote good urinary health. I wonder if these claims are true or is it just false advertising?

shashagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats eat Purina one sensitve systems cat food. I have one cat that use to vomit a few times a day. I took her to the vet and did all kinds of testing. One night , she was rushed to ER because she vomited alot one evening and didn't seem well. My vet thought allergies and we tried RX cat food, food elimination. Anyway, after I think 7 or 8 different foods I tried Purina one sensitive systems and she only vomits about once a month and it's usually a hairball. I would've never thought cheap grocery store food would work but I read reviews about this cat food and others had the same experience.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure it's "true" (or they'd get in trouble for false advertising) in the sense that the food lowers the Ph level of the urine to prevent crystals, but that doesn't mean it's a good food.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

I'm sure it's "true" (or they'd get in trouble for false advertising) in the sense that the food lowers the Ph level of the urine to prevent crystals, but that doesn't mean it's a good food.
For my Squishy - he eats Science Diet C/D mixed with Purina ONE Urinary. He's been on that for 6 months now with no problems.

denali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I second Willowy's comment above

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

well put

if you do a search on this site you will find I have commented on many many UTI foods