How Do You De Stress ??!!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have just had the day from hell!! So ive had a nice soak in the bath ,with Daisy !! playing peek a boo through the towel rail !! and Tabitha tring to steal the bubble bath!! Now im going to be really naughty and have a cream cake !! ( I dont have one that often) I was wondering how anyone else relaxes in this sometimes
world of ours?

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't found a way yet, I just absorb stress until it radiates off me, then stumble across some more.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am stressed out I my favorite thing to do to relax is going out for karaoke. If I can not go out I take a hot bath and play Uno on Facebook with the cats curled up near me.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read or sleep. I can also do self-hypnosis, which helps. I keep saying I'm going to learn how to do "party trick" hypnosis, so I can make my friends think they're a chicken, though that may be more entertaining than de-stressing.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sleep, warm shower, good food, big hug from husband, talk with husband, take a walk with the doggies, get near the water (lake, etc.), cry, etc.
for your bad day!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ways for me to relax: (in no particular order)

- write in a journal
- read
- go in my hottub
- play on webkinz.com
- play with the furbutts if they feel like it
- watch my fishies
- play with my snakes (the way they move is very relaxing to me)
- listen to tunes
- go for a drive (tho that is less with gas prices)
- take pictures
- get a massage
- watch a movie

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still trying to figure out to reduce the stress in my life... but so far not too much luck unfortunately.

I do have some things that tend to calm/relax me a bit, and help me forget about the stress for a little bit. I love to watch my fish tank, especially with all the new little babies in it. And my kitties- they I think can be some of the biggest stress relievers, cuz it's like they sense when I need something to help me de-stress. Here's a really bad, unhealthy one that I don't recommend: have a cigarette
it works for me, but it's a horrible habit. I like to go for a drive through the park, through town, down the highway, stuff like that. Watching TV is a good one too

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Im stressed usually the animals know before I do. At this moment feeling like a huge failure in life Fat Man is sleeping on one side Franklin is calmed down and on the other side and GiGi is antagonizing Hercules in front of me and its actually making me laugh. If the animals dont work I read the last few chapter or a whole Nora Roberts book because her books make me feel like the world isnt so horrible or crazy and that happily ever after can really happen when you least expect it!.....I should really start reading one right now!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooking is one of my favorite stress relievers. Also soaking in a hot bath.
In the winter time I love to get bundled up and go for long walks especially when it is snowing. Summer just sitting on my deck late in the evening listening to the frogs and night birds is another way.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am stressed to the max. I have cleaned the house, that didn't help much so I am going to shower and go rollerblading, that usually helps. I would sit with my girls but they are under the bed. I really have to find more ways to destress, it's just not good to feel this way.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read and try to get lost in the book, that usually takes my mind off my troubles. It doesn't always work but it helps most of the time.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go for a run
Go for a walk on the trails behind me
Play with my kitties
talk to my boyfriend
blog about it
get lost on the internet

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im working on a long term de-stressor, but for short relief, I do the bath thing, go shopping, eat a meal out alone, or read a cheesy romance novel!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Destress? It has been so long I have forgotten how. When I was in school, it was the 3-5 massages a week, but since then I don't think I have destressed at all. That was 4 years ago.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Come home to talk to the BF, have a drink and something tasty to eat, and watch a good movie or read a good book. And if I play my cards right Josh always draws me a lovely bubble bath with candles and some soothing music,
. The cats always partake in bathtime. They love bubbles,

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Come home to talk to the BF, have a drink and something tasty to eat, and watch a good movie or read a good book. And if I play my cards right Josh always draws me a lovely bubble bath with candles and some soothing music,
. The cats always partake in bathtime. They love bubbles,
thats all I have to say.