RE: Your Cat...

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
This is the title of a daily email I've been getting from my husband while I'm at work. The title alone implies that Freya is being Freya and has made it her mission to annoy him on any day I get the email. I've gotten one every day this week and generally respond by reminding him that she loves him.

Yesterday it was:
Your Cat...is obsessed with sticking her head in the sleeve of my shirt.

Tuesday:
Your Cat...stole my lunch when I went to answer the phone.

Monday:
Your Cat...reset my computer 3 times while I was trying to work!

So today I got the email again, sighed and opened it:

Your Cat...has been taking very good care of me today. That migraine is back and she hasn't left me side.

That just made me smile. As much as she enjoys driving him nuts, she does love him.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's sweet!

When I leave in the morning to "go catch mousies", I always tell Cindy (and Fawn if she's around) to look after the house and take care of Daddy. She always agrees to "meow!" and every evening when I get home I can see that she has kept her word: the house is still there in much the same state as I left it, and Daddy is there and usually smiling. What would we do without them to look after things for us?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're always someone else's when they're being bad - but it's sweet that she's still your cat when she's being good!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

That's sweet!

When I leave in the morning to "go catch mousies", I always tell Cindy (and Fawn if she's around) to look after the house and take care of Daddy. She always agrees to "meow!" and every evening when I get home I can see that she has kept her word: the house is still there in much the same state as I left it, and Daddy is there and usually smiling. What would we do without them to look after things for us?
I know. We can definately depend on them.

Everyone morning Freya sees me off and every morning I tell her. "Watch the house, take care of Dad and don't eat Cotton."

The house is still there, my husband is usually in one piece (and if he's not she scolds him
) and she has yet to eat Cotton.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

They're always someone else's when they're being bad - but it's sweet that she's still your cat when she's being good!!
I was pretty suprised!

I really expected that she'd just found something new and truly bizzarre to do to annoy him.

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's cute, I wish my husband sent me stuff like that!

My cats are always waiting for me by the door when I get home from work

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How nice of Freya to watch out for her Daddy

I received a text message from DBF two weeks ago telling me this:
"Found my wallet under the bed, one of the cats took it off the counter. Teeth marks and all..."

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that she is taking care of him! I'm glad that he sent you a message that she was being good.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my texts while Im at work generally consisting of YOUR cats have knocked over the blanket stand while trying to sleep on it or my all time favorite is GiGi and Franklin antics when GiGi hopped on Franklins back and proceded to ride him around the living room while biting his ears! I wish I had a pic of that moment...I love my babies

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw, how sweet. sounds like you and hubby have a great sense of humor

dorabella's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Yup, hubby and I both play this blame game, Esp. when Calvin is involved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

What's today's email? LOL.

I love this....

Today's email:

Your Cat...keeps licking my toe today. She tickles. Cats are weird. :p

And this email I just got:
...and now she has her head in my shoe...I love her, but she is sooo weird today.