Muted Tortie?

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this belongs here...if not,feel free to move it.
I have been calling Berlin a mixed tabby...but someone just told me she was a muted "tortie".When I looked it up,some of the cats looked like Berlin...so is that what she is?

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very pretty! Yes, she looks like a muted tortie to me, with tabby markings! That is a definition of her coloring and has nothing to do with breed.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Dilute tortie (defines her colour) with tabby stripes (defines her pattern) - or a dilute torbie. She's a cutie!
Most definitely! Was her daddy an orange tabby? She looked like she got into the orange easter egg dye!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about a dilute silver patched tabby? She looks so soft, I just wanna bury my face in her fur!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no expert on such matters. I was told at the vets that Blossom was a dilute torty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!!

Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

Most definitely! Was her daddy an orange tabby? She looked like she got into the orange easter egg dye!
I am not sure.I got her from a woman that lives by my mom.However there IS an orange tom in the area (he is a stray...but I want him!
) and we suspect he may be the father or at least one of them!

Originally Posted by Alpine'sMom

She looks like my cat Alpine! Grey/creme tabby markings. The similarity is uncanny!
WOW...they do look alot alike! Alpine is a cutie,love his name too!

Well whatever my Berlin is...dilute tortie,muted tortie,muted tortie-tabby...she is my baby! And I love her anyway! I was just confused for a minute.Thanks everyone!

kitty's seeker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

She is very pretty! Yes, she looks like a muted tortie to me, with tabby markings! That is a definition of her coloring and has nothing to do with breed.
Thanks for the link DM! She does look a lot like Kitty!

Juggalette, your kitty and mine could be sisters! Esp that getting up on the shoulder habit. My Kitty is about 12-14 weeks old now (she is a foundling) and she does that too.
Mine also plays "fetch", talks to me, and has to make sure I'm up before 5AM each morning...she bangs on my bedroom door until I let her in to cuddle with me.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told by the receptionist at my vet's office that Dusty was a tabico when I told her her coloring was a torbie. She is NOT a tabico! But a tortie with tabby stripes!

allfurlove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I was told by the receptionist at my vet's office that Dusty was a tabico when I told her her coloring was a torbie. She is NOT a tabico! But a tortie with tabby stripes!
She probably thought it because of the little white chin
, but I agree with you. Calico Tabbies have bigger patches of white, and patches of orange tabby and silver tabby....not little orange tortie bits.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

I'd call her a blue tortoiseshell mackerel tabby (blue/dilute torbie in US?).
I think you're right, on both counts
I think the US also uses the term Patched Tabby for Torbie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitty's Seeker

Thanks for the link DM! She does look a lot like Kitty!

Juggalette, your kitty and mine could be sisters! Esp that getting up on the shoulder habit. My Kitty is about 12-14 weeks old now (she is a foundling) and she does that too.
Mine also plays "fetch", talks to me, and has to make sure I'm up before 5AM each morning...she bangs on my bedroom door until I let her in to cuddle with me.
Awww..she sounds like a character!