How do you like your hamburgers?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A silly question I know, but Im bored, and hungry, lol, and making hamburgers for dinner.
I like a big thick burger, pink in the middle, with mayo and a ton of black pepper. Maybe some thin, I mean see through thin sliced onion. Teeny garlic dill pickles and big fat home cut fries on the side.
Second favorite would be a grilled burger with pickles and big honking slices of onion and lots of BBQ sauce. Must have coleslaw on the side and an ear of grilled corn wouldn't hurt.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hamburgers:

Thick no garlic dill pickles
Tomato
Lettuce
sauteed mushrooms and onions
cheese
mayo

ETA: must be well done.... aka slightly burnt on the outside.

My veggie burgers:

Tomato
Mayo

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like mine to be on the thinner side, cooked medium, with mayo (prefer miracle whip) and mustard on the top bun, ketchup on the bottom bun, and lettuce, chopped onion, american cheese, and pickles.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever burger I have must have sauteed mushrooms. It's not a real burger without them. Other than that, lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, ketchup, mustard, and a couple onions.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a thick burger well done w/ mozerella garlic mayo, avocado, onions,red leaf lettuce, and tomatoes on a sesame seed bun!!yum yum

lync

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like chargriilled burgers with some red onion, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, cheddar cheese on a toasted bun. Yum

Today at lunch, I got McDonald's Angus Deluxe. It was really really good. Really!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooked medium,
Lettuce
Tomato
Dill pickle
Onion (raw or grilled)
Mustard
Mayo

NO CATSUP!
NO CHEESE!

Dang, I'm hungry now.

ETA: Oh yeah, and charcoal grilled please!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Medium rare with a little pink inside. DH wants all his meat WELL done, so usually when he's grilling I'll eat the hamburger all the way cooked

We usually put on (if we have it), lettuce, tomato, mayo, cheese, onions, mushrooms, ketchup.

I don't like putting mayo & ketchup together, but he does.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my burgers med-rare. I usually also put pepper and garlic powder on them before cooking. If I have tomatoes I like them and a little lettuce on them with ketchup and mayo, slice of red onion too. Now I'm hungry also.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer double burgers - two thinnish patties with swiss cheese melted between and topped with thinly sliced dill pickles. lots of pickles. Ketchup on the side. Also well done, will not eat even remotely pink hamburger.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat them and haven't since I was a child.

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the burger thin, I don't like having to struggle to eat a big hamburger, lol
/w american cheese, ketchup, mustard, chopped onion, and pickle.

Yeah, pretty boring. I actually don't like hamburger that much at all, the only hamburger I've actually tried and liked are from Mcdonalds (Isn't that sick?), but I don't trust their meat anymore

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Degu_2009

I like the burger thin, I don't like having to struggle to eat a big hamburger, lol
/w american cheese, ketchup, mustard, chopped onion, and pickle.

Yeah, pretty boring. I actually don't like hamburger that much at all, the only hamburger I've actually tried and liked are from Mcdonalds (Isn't that sick?), but I don't trust their meat anymore
McD's new angus burgers aren't bad, but the rest are disgusting!

My fav fast food burgers are from Carls. Just hold the "special sauce" and cheese, but add mustard. YUM!

That "special sauce" ain't so special when it contains sweet pickle relish, yuck!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a few places locally that I like to order hamburgers (definitely NOT the Golden Arch Supper Club), because I can trust them to feed me a fairly thick patty, not murdered (can't usually get them to do it med rare the way I like, but as long as there's still some pink, that's OK) with no bun. I really like to have fries (or even yam fries) and a bun makes just too much carbs. Depends on my mood as to what garnishes I want. If I'm doing them at home, I usually have mustard, relish or pickles, sauteed onion, sauteed mushrooms, one of the Swiss type cheeses, bacon. And in that case, I can cook the burger the way I like it
, not the way the Health Department prescribes

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
-medium rare
-cheese (Swiss is my favorite)
-tomato or sauteed mushrooms/onions
-ketchup or thousand island dressing
-on a soft roll

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Costco sells precooked frozen cheeseburgers in a box - Pierre Signature Flame Broiled Angus Cheeseburgers. They are actually very good, but I pull the cheese off, cuz I don't like cheese on my burgers. They have that outdoor grilled taste, and you nuke them and add your own condiments. Really great when you have a craving, and you aren't cooking for a crowd.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well first of all, you can't use frozen patties! Fresh ground lean, atleast 90%. I usually do a mixture of diced onion (red, white, optional), cilantro, Worcestershire sauce, Adobo, and ground beef. Keep pan moist while cooking, add a couple tablespoons of water if necessary and cook to desired.
I love mushroom Swiss burgers
Cheddar avocado
bacon cheddar