or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Post about Kimward
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post about Kimward - Page 3

post #61 of 74
My prayers and thoughts are zooming your way too hon. May you feel better asap! Board Magic is on its way! Feel better.
post #62 of 74
Board magic on its way from here in the mountains.

Mega hugs Kim.
post #63 of 74
Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way...

Hope you feel better soon Kim

post #64 of 74
Sending positive healing energy to you Kim!
post #65 of 74
Hello everybody ! It's June 21st, 5 days since my surgery and I feel well enough to post. I want to thank all of you for the well wishes and mega Board Magic—it's still working! Today I have been sore in the obvious places…my upper torso - the same kind of pain you get when you do crunches after not doing them for a long time.

I thought I would go back to the day of my surgery and share what happened...
The morning of June 17th, at 4:30 a.m. my friend Nicole arrived at my home to ride with my husband and I to the hospital in Ocala.

We arrived at the hospital around 6:00 am. At this point, I don't know why I was not feeling nervous. What the heck is wrong with me? I had been waiting for this day for more than half the year! Anyway, we hopped on a shuttle that drove us to the main entrance, walked through the hospital corridors, following the signs that lead us to "Express Admission." There, we were greeted by a nice lady who took my name, slapped a paper identity bracelet on my wrist and escorted us to a surgical waiting room.

There were a few people in the waiting room when we arrived. Still, I was not feeling nervous. I did, however, feel like a Dork ....I was the only one in the room who brought a pillow. I felt like Linus from the cartoon Peanuts, dragging my "Blankey" to surgery. LOL! Keith volunteered to take it back to the car...

Finally, around 6:45 a.m., I was called back to, yet, another little room where I was told to change into a glamorous hospital gown. Still, not nervous. Maybe I was calm because Nicole and Keith were with me, I dunno..... A new nurse arrived to record more information about me in her rolling computer thingy... I remember looking at the clock and thinking, "My surgery is at 8:00 a.m. and it's 7:15......My husband had just seen my surgeon in the hallway"… OK...I'm feeling jittery now.

Everything started to move quickly. I was escorted to a very busy room where everyone looked the same - they were all wearing scrubs. I knew this was my last stop. A surgical nurse helped me lay down on the gurney, where I was hooked up to all sorts of devices. Pumps for my legs, my IV, blood pressure cuffs, etc... Then I was introduced to my anesthesiologist. This is when I fell apart. I was really getting shaky and emotional...I guess my nerves decided to wait until the last minute to ERUPT! LOL! My husband was there the entire time...I made him cry—I must have looked pathetic. My anesthesiologist started injecting happy juice into my IV.

I remember looking at the clock again—it was 7:55 a.m. and My surgeon was ready to go. My husband kissed me goodbye and told me he see me in recovery. Then he went to get Nicole, so that she could say goodbye - the meds kicked in because I barely remember seeing Nicole. The next thing I remember was waking up in an elevator, and being wheeled up in a room where Keith and Nicole were waiting.

Somewhat coherent, I started asking questions like, "Am I alive?" ..."Did I do OK?" — Then Keith and Nicole told me that my surgery only took 1 hour and a half. They were surprised. This kind of surgery normally takes 2.5 hours. They said my surgeon met them in recovery immediately after my surgery and told them that everything went great and that I was "easy" - (Hey, don't spread that around)

The rest of the day I slept. When I was awake, Nicole and Keith spoon fed me ice, held my hand, intercepted phone calls. Eventually Nicole baby sat me and my husband, who fell asleep in the recliner, snoring with his mouth wide open. (Nicole gave him an ice chip and he stopped snoring almost immediately, ROTFL!!)

I was doped up on major narcotics because I can hardly remember conversations I had with people who called or came to see me. As a matter of fact, every time I would fall asleep...I would wake up to a new visitor, talk to them for a second, then fall back to sleep. The cycle repeated, LOL! Fall asleep....wake up...another visitor! Fall asleep....NEW PERSON. The next day I wondered if I dreamt up half the visitors - lol. I'm telling ya' the drugs were strong folks!

I do remember my nurse handing me a little note that said, "Maryanne from Oregon called to check on you" and I started to cry happy tears. I wanted to call her back, but the phone kept falling out of my hand (Everything was heavy) and I could hardly speak with the NG tube up my nose (Yuck) - not to mention, my slurred speech was horrendous.

Again, I want to thank all of you for the awesome Board Magic. I was so touched, I copied the thread and put it in my memory book to remind me of all of the wonderful friends I have made around the world. You guys are the best!

post #66 of 74
Thread Starter 
No Kim- YOU are the best! You just rest easy, you may have to fight for your crown of PhotoShop Queen when you get back, so you need all the strength you can get!

Prayers are traveling to you
post #67 of 74
Awww...Kim, that was touching.

Glad you are on the road to recovery.
post #68 of 74
Hey Kim, glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy and remember all of us are still sending you positive energy.
post #69 of 74
LOL, there are few people who could describe surgery that way! Rest up and get better, Kim. We're depending on you to put up a good fight in the next round of Kim v. Sicy "Photoshop Madness!" Are the kitties being good nursemaids?
post #70 of 74
Glad it went well for you. I noticed you were the poster above me on the music thread, and was surprised to see you back so soon. Still sending "get better" vibes.
post #71 of 74
Originally posted by krazy kat2
Glad it went well for you. I noticed you were the poster above me on the music thread, and was surprised to see you back so soon. Still sending "get better" vibes.
I'll admit it, I'm in the recliner with my iBook, LOL!! You guys have made my recuperation so entertaining, I don't think about the pain, LOL!

post #72 of 74
Thread Starter 
Hi "Boo"! Sorry I missed you, was upstairs with the kittens. Nice to see you!
post #73 of 74
Hi Babe!

I'm so happy that your recovery is going well, Sending MEGA Hugs and Tonnes of kisses from New Zealand

I'm happy you are doing well! and I think you have some great freinds

Hang in there Kim and we are ALWAYS here for hugs

Love Always,
post #74 of 74
I'm so glad everything went well! Take your time and get plenty of rest. Within a couple of weeks you'll probably be running around again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Post about Kimward