How often do you dream?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that dreaming is a rarity in itself. Dreams are not always every night and some people rarely dream at all. However, for the past 11 days I have had at least one or more dreams. I know that dreaming every night for that long is very unusual and very uncommon.

Some of the dreams are about what I have been angry about, some are totally weird and I have no clue, others are good dreams.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what it could be called? I have never had this happen before.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dream every time I sleep. It can get tiresome.
Have you had anything on your mind lately that is bothering you or making you think a lot about it? Sometimes things like that can make people dream that normally do not.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I know that dreaming is a rarity in itself. Dreams are not always every night and some people rarely dream at all. However, for the past 11 days I have had at least one or more dreams. I know that dreaming every night for that long is very unusual and very uncommon.

Some of the dreams are about what I have been angry about, some are totally weird and I have no clue, others are good dreams.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what it could be called? I have never had this happen before.
I have to disagree with this. We all dream, that is REM sleep and without it, you can actually go crazy. I don't have the sleep studies at hand to link to, but there are many. It is just that many people do not remember the dreams.
If you are someone who does not remember dreams and suddnly now are, I would say to look and see what might have changed in your life, or something that has been on your mind. Our subconscious speaks to us in our dreams (Though some say that's bunk, I believe it) Look for symbols or circumstances that may be similar in the different dreams. How do they make you feel? Relate them to your life if you can and try to see what your brain is telling you. Im not big into the refrences that say "this dream means this or that" carved in stone, dreams are different for everyone, though there is some common dream symbology. Being naked in a public setting, being chased, teeth falling out, there are more.
I find dreaming fascinating, always have, and have studied a lot about it. I lucid dream, it is a technique that can be learned. You are in the dream, but aware you are dreaming, being awake in a dream so to speak. Not only a really fun thing, but if you are a person that has nightmares, it can get you out of them. It has for me on many occasion.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above poster. Everyone dreams, just a lot of people don't remember their dreams b/c you dream in short term memory. I remember my dreams almost every night but occasionally I don't, like if I sleep really heavily.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to disagree about how often and how many. I dream every night and I have at least 3 vivid dreams. I also dream in color and in the 3rd person.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone would like to learn lucid dreaming, I would be more than happy to help with that. I am by no means an expert, but do know the techniques to get ya started on it

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a very active dreamer and odd sleeper. I always have to warn people about it before we stay in the same room.

I dream every night, and remember the majority of what it was about the next day. My dreams are always scary or something else unpleasant. I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t remember the last time I had a "happy dream" which is odd because I am a very happy person! My life is pretty much stress free, and I have no major problems. My entire life I have had this.

I also sleep walk, sleep talk, my boyfriends have woken up because ive kicked or hit them (never hard). I usually sleep walk at least once a week because I am having a horrible dream about Capone (itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s always Capone) and I NEED to find him. Sometimes if the boyfriend gets annoyed, or I am up too long he will find Capone and put him in front of me and ill go to bed.

I have nightmares every single night, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t mind them. I actually think I would miss them if they went away. My Sister has the exact same thing as me, since sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s been pregnant she said her dreams are now her running through fields and such and she misses the horror dreams lol.

My Sister and I are the only ones I know who are like this.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually only dream when I don't have to be awakened by an alarm. That pretty much speaks for the fact that I don't get decent sleep if I have to wake up early for school, I wake up before I get into REM sleep. It's because I have some sleep issues, I can never fall asleep unless I'm dead tired...
My dreams most of the time have to do with something in life that I've worried about but brushed it off aside from my main priority of things to worry about. If not that, my dreams always have to do with something in my life, they're never completely irrelevant things.. For example, my most recent dream that I dreamed last night: that same day there were some weird things going on with me getting messages at my door from Fedex but I never ordered anything and like no one rang the bell but I would end up with a note from fedex...So I was like okay that's odd, and I didn't worry about it. That night I had a dream that I open the door and it's fedex and I get kidnapped or something lol..

degu_2009

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I might be wrong but I think everyone dreams every night, we just think we don't because we can't remember them all.

I have such a large array of dreams, I don't pay attention to them anymore. Some people think that dreams mean something, I kinda don't..maybe for some people. My dreams are too weird to mean anything. I mean what can it possibly mean to be handed a bunch of forks?

Also a large amount of mine are lucid. Lucid, yet I can't control them, very annoying and sometimes scary.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hum.... Studies will say that is not really the case... You do dream, you just don't remember. Dreaming is one thing, remembering your dreams is another.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I dream every night -- that's what sleep studies tell us -- but I seldom remember my dreams. Sometimes, when I wake, I know that I "have had too much to dream", as DH puts it, but still I seldom remember what it was.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have multiple vivid dreams every night. When I did my sleep study for sleep apnea, part of the process the next day was to write down in detail any dreams you had. I wrote over a page worth of 4 or 5 dreams in detail (except the bits I didn't want to share with them
).

If I use my CPAP machine for my sleep apnea, I don't really remember my dreams as I'm in a much deeper sleep. If I don't use the machine, I have a heap of dreams, and don't feel at all refreshed.

My dreams are so vivid, I'll half wake up and I'll be doing whatever it was in the dream. I've been sitting up filing imaginary paperwork in bed, I've gotten dressed while in a half dream state, I've had weird conversations with hubby. If he wasn't such a deep sleeper I'm sure he'd have more good stories

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I have to disagree with this. We all dream, that is REM sleep and without it, you can actually go crazy. I don't have the sleep studies at hand to link to, but there are many. It is just that many people do not remember the dreams.
If you are someone who does not remember dreams and suddnly now are, I would say to look and see what might have changed in your life, or something that has been on your mind. Our subconscious speaks to us in our dreams (Though some say that's bunk, I believe it) Look for symbols or circumstances that may be similar in the different dreams. How do they make you feel? Relate them to your life if you can and try to see what your brain is telling you. Im not big into the refrences that say "this dream means this or that" carved in stone, dreams are different for everyone, though there is some common dream symbology. Being naked in a public setting, being chased, teeth falling out, there are more.
I find dreaming fascinating, always have, and have studied a lot about it. I lucid dream, it is a technique that can be learned. You are in the dream, but aware you are dreaming, being awake in a dream so to speak. Not only a really fun thing, but if you are a person that has nightmares, it can get you out of them. It has for me on many occasion.
I meant that dreams are not often remembered, but you are right, we dream all the time.

I can lucid dream. I can wake up and go back to sleep and pick up where I left off 2 or 3 times. I also know when I am dreaming within a dream, but can't wake up.

I remember most of my dreams, however, I have never remembered my dreams 11 days in a row.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes lots of dreams, but when i am stressed i will have terrible night terrors and will sleep walk. Earlier on this year i slept walked out of the house!

i also have nightmares if the wardrobes are open! :S

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only seem to have bad dreams and they're often about me forgetting to feed animals or losing them. Last night I dreamed Fable went missing, it kind of kept going round in circles