Meowing at birds

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat loves to sit in the window and watch the birds,but when one comes close she wags her tail and starts to meow meow meow,what is she saying?? I thi nk she is getting frusrtaed cuz she cant get the birds lol.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's how Lucky hunts
- she calls the birds to come closer... here birdy birdy birdy birdy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol. Also she does this silent shivering/jawdroping thing too. Its so funny to watch!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hysterical to watch! My cats meow and whine and even make a clucking or clicking sound as their jaws move rapidly, almost jerking. It can totally freak you out at first but than you get used to seeing it and it just gets funny.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat does that "clicking" thing when she sees pigeons outside too. And she's a QUIET cat, I rarely hear a peep out of her!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB cat Sphinx did the frustrated 'meow-chirp' at the birds outside the window. It was/is one of his cutest traits (otherwise he was quiet.)

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foldie kitten Tomu does that a lot, it's sounds so funny!
I think it runs in the family, his mom does it too, and daddy has done it few times.
I just caught his 'chirping' on tape two days ago.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie does this too, and I think it's especially funny when he does this to some large black bird or crow that's bigger than he is!

It's just the cats' predator instinct kicking in.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

It is hysterical to watch! My cats meow and whine and even make a clucking or clicking sound as their jaws move rapidly, almost jerking. It can totally freak you out at first but than you get used to seeing it and it just gets funny.

awwww i figured the scenes!!...

chloe3404

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat JoJo does that too. He will look at me like I am supposed to go get the bird and bring it to him because he is crying for it. He also loves bugs. Any time he remotely see a fly or a moth at night, he becomes a little baby and wants to go and play with the bug.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Niko does the chattering thing at birds outside the window. She also meows in frustration at bugs that stay stubbornly out of reach on the ceiling.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Sweetie does this too, and I think it's especially funny when he does this to some large black bird or crow that's bigger than he is!

It's just the cats' predator instinct kicking in.
My Holland is just a little girl, and I get some pretty big pigeons outside. Whenever she "clicks" at them out there I tease her that she'd never have a chance against them...