So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roasted Red Pepper soup with Black Beans. For dessert sliced fruit pears, apples, and bananas.
The Soup is a brand new recipe that I am trying today so I will let you know how it turns out.

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tierre, how was the soup? If it was any good, please do post the recipe!

I made cream of crab soup with blue crab lump crab meat, served with crispy baguette slices. YUM!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prepared the bulgogi this afternoon when I got home from work and now it is marinating in the fridge, ready for me to stir fry it. Yum!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had chocolate chip m&m cookies because I ate a lot at my cousin's baby shower.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

Well, since my idiot parents (we hate each other lol) just COMPLETELY blew me off, I am stuck at home with no food in the fridge except for some potato chips, broccoli, and cereal basically lol (desperately need groceries it's sad). I also have some berries and whip cream, so I'll have broccoli for dinner and berries/whip cream for dessert. Ah, the benefits of being a poor college student- ain't it just lovely?!
I always get a chuckle out of how young people think their parents are idiots. Never fails to remind me of the Mark Twain quote.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some parents really are idiots
My blood father for one

Supper tonight, we're going out with my mom to a Chinese restaurant.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a whole chicken in the crock pot with carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic and pearl onions. I put a rub on the chicken of various spices and let it set overnight in the fridge. This morning I put the crock in the cooker and added some chicken broth. It should be ready about the time we get home from church. I will then heat up some garlic toast and enjoy a good chicken dinner. I just made up the recipe on the fly, so I hope it is good!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'll be firing up the grill in a bit - marinated turkey tenderloin, shrimp and sausages. Tossed salad, cucumber salad and corn on the cob to go with it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought for a while I might grab a Thai sauce from the freezer and do something with it, but I realized that what I really want is pasta, probably with pesto, and maybe some other friendlies.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Probably not too much, since I have had a touch of some bug since yesterday afternoon, and don't want to "hurl" again. It'll most likely be plain noodles, vanilla wafers, and green tea (my version of sick food, works for me!
) maybe some pretzels w/the salt, as that tends to calm my tummy too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a bowl of Cream of Aspargus soup and some crackers for me tonight. I also had a banana for dessert. I may have something else later but for now my stomach isn't feeling the best.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Just a bowl of Cream of Aspargus soup and some crackers for me tonight. I also had a banana for dessert. I may have something else later but for now my stomach isn't feeling the best.
mmmmmm, cream of asparagus soup- I love asparagus!

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I work overnight, so I'm at work for supper, but I made banana crepes for breakfast. My first time making crepes too! It was so easy!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love crepes!!

We had chicken, jellied cranberry sauce, veggies, and bread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soup again for me homemade vegetable tonight, some strawberry banana juice and two peaches. It was yummy...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ham and asparagus crepes with cheese sauce and side salad. Haven't a clue about dessert.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have some small porterhouse steaks in the fridge along with salad, still have some pasta sauce to use up so thinking of using tortellini probably make a bigger batch so i can have some for lunch tomorrow!
also thinking of making chocolate muffins, with some custard and strawberries for dessert!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have an unexpectedly lovely day today (it was supposed to be grey and rainy and it's turned out sunny and lovely - go figure) and a good supply of salad fixings. So I think I'm going to look for a nice avocado (used the last one on Sunday for brunch) to stuff with probably salmon, or maybe egg, salad and serve on a sea of greens. Maybe alongside that lovely avocado, there'll be some lovely berries, or a mango, for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.