Drowning in essays

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a busy boy with a couple of weeks left in the term. I'm in the midst of finishing up an English Comp 3 essay about three war poems where I talked about the authors, speakers, and imagery. I have one more English comp essay due by the end of the term. I also have my last essay for my American History 1860-1914 class which is due next week. It's kind of a current events/look in the past essay. I'm doing mine on entangling alliances. It was either that or looking at the current economic crisis and the Panic of 1857. It's a good thing I don't mind writing. So far I've earned 100 out of 100 points for two essays. One was for Comp about Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery", the other was about General John Buford.

I'm carrying a 99.2 in English, and a 98 in American History.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Congratulations! I had to laugh when I saw the thread title - you chose your user name well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Congratulations! I had to laugh when I saw the thread title - you chose your user name well.
Thanks! I never made the connection between the two, but I was really tired when I made the post.

I sent a draft to my teacher so she could go over it. I have a few grammatical corrections to make, but nothing needs to be added as far as content. I do a lot of scribbling on paper before I start typing. I guess I'm just lucky I usually don't have to do much revising between my first draft and the final copy. Hopefully, I'll score another 100.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate writing essays
great job on your grades!

I remember reading Jackson's "The Lottery" from way back in 7th grade, that story seriously disturbed me

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations for doing so well!! I hate english, but luckily I only had to take english comp 1 and 2 for my history major here. Even they weren't real english classes though because i'm at an engineering school. We did all sorts of projects that involved using technology that I'm not good with, like make a skit or convey information using visuals and without using words haha..I am still surprised that passed for an english class!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I'm a busy boy with a couple of weeks left in the term. I'm in the midst of finishing up an English Comp 3 essay about three war poems where I talked about the authors, speakers, and imagery. I have one more English comp essay due by the end of the term. I also have my last essay for my American History 1860-1914 class which is due next week. It's kind of a current events/look in the past essay. I'm doing mine on entangling alliances. It was either that or looking at the current economic crisis and the Panic of 1857. It's a good thing I don't mind writing. So far I've earned 100 out of 100 points for two essays. One was for Comp about Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery", the other was about General John Buford.

Good job on the good grades!
And as a former English major, I feel your pain about having several essays going at once!

Oh and I LOVE "The Lottery". Strange and very twisted, but very very interesting premise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Good job on the good grades!
And as a former English major, I feel your pain about having several essays going at once!

Oh and I LOVE "The Lottery". Strange and very twisted, but very very interesting premise.
Thanks! I don't mind writing at all. I'll be doing a lot of it as I pursue my goal of a PhD in history.

"The Lottery" is a twisted story, I remember watching a short film version of the story in grade school.