How does scoring work in 501 Darts game?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Keep in mind that I'm a total novice, have never even played a real darts game. So in the 501 Darts I get close to the end but never seem to be able to finish. Even when I think I've gotten the exact number of points I need, it tells me I've gone bust.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to double in and double out (at least in real life.) So that means if you only need 2 points to finish, you need to shoot for the outer ring on the #1. If you need 14 points to finish, you shoot for the outer ring on the #7 - make sense?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
By the outer ring do you mean the second wedge out from the bullseye, or the little narrow bit separating the sections?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is the very outside ring the furthest away from the bullseye.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

By the outer ring do you mean the second wedge out from the bullseye, or the little narrow bit separating the sections?
The outermost skinny ring is a double, the next large ring in is a single, the skinny ring next to that is a triple, followed by another single. Then you have the outer bullseye and the center bullseye, and I complety forget how those are scored in 501, but I think the outer is 25 and the inner 50? (its been a while!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks. I think it would be easier to stand there and throw dart than to try to click at exactly the right nanosecond on this game.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Thanks. I think it would be easier to stand there and throw dart than to try to click at exactly the right nanosecond on this game.
Ah, where is the fun in that?
No long walk to scoop all three of your darts off various parts of the floor which have just "thoinked" off the board in a sad and embarassing fashion, cussing and muttering to yourself.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, you'll notice that the "highscorers" are really the ones who have done the worst at the game.

The more darts you throw, the "better" your score. If you're good at the game, you get a "bad" score. It's ridiculous really.