Drinking!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO you can get a better one for much less... $100 is too much for a fountain! You can get a drinkwell (the most popular), for 1/2 of the price; or a Petmate Deluxe (I have it, it's pretty good!) for 1/3 of the price!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

IMO you can get a better one for much less... $100 is too much for a fountain!
Suppose that depends on where you live, Drinkwells are over $100 here, Cat-It $80.

Mine have a Drinkwell, Cat-It and Petmate deluxe. All are good, the quietest is the Petmate while the Drinkwell holds the most water.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the CatIt and love it. It is so quiet that I just now had to check to see if it was still running.
I had the PetMate before and didn't like it as the water is open to dust and other debris - much like the one in the picture you posted.

I found the cats drank more water once we got the fountain as well and the water is always clean.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kevincop130

Iam afraid my cat's drinking is a big problem, i just find this Drinking Fountain, has anyone here used it before? What about it?
Pictured in your link is the larger fountain. They make a smaller one for less. They are wonderful for encouraging cats to drink more.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I liked the Petmate deluxe, until two of the kittens learned how to work together and disassemble it! There was filter charcoal everywhere. Thoe two are still so obsessed with all thing water that I'm afraid to invest in a more expensive fountain for them to destroy.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bookworm

I liked the Petmate deluxe, until two of the kittens learned how to work together and disassemble it! There was filter charcoal everywhere. Thoe two are still so obsessed with all thing water that I'm afraid to invest in a more expensive fountain for them to destroy.
You might have better luck with the CatIt - there isn't much they can disassemble.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It really depends on the cat. My Bugsy (my little diva) has never drank out of anything other then the faucet (we tried all of the fountains, the only thing it did was make Capones acne pretty bad, my other cats loved them though!), that caused a lot of problems for us especially if we had to go away for more then 24 or less hours. I did a lot of research and had so much advice and none of it worked. Not to say it was bad advice, I just mean what worked for their cat wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work for mine. Cats are odd arenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t they? =)

Funny thing is I went to the Vet and she gave me an article on how some cats have more of a wild cat instinct then others. Cats in the wild like to drink out of large watering holes so they can drink with theirs head looking straight up to make sure there is no danger.

I went out and bought a 9-12 inch (I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know exact, its big) stainless steel dog watering bowl… my Diva, who never once drank out of a bowl, even got so sick because he refused to drink I had to take him to the vet multiple times and waste so much money on him…. He drank… he drank so much he vomited lol but he still drank!

He is still finicky and likes the tap better, but he will drink from the bowl when he gets tired of waiting for us to turn on the tap. Especially if there are ice cubes in it.

It may not work for you, since it hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t worked for some others I gave this advice to…but it worked for me! Just thought I would bring it up.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

It really depends on the cat. My Bugsy (my little diva) has never drank out of anything other then the faucet (we tried all of the fountains, the only thing it did was make Capones acne pretty bad, my other cats loved them though!), that caused a lot of problems for us especially if we had to go away for more then 24 or less hours. I did a lot of research and had so much advice and none of it worked. Not to say it was bad advice, I just mean what worked for their cat wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work for mine. Cats are odd arenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t they? =)

Funny thing is I went to the Vet and she gave me an article on how some cats have more of a wild cat instinct then others. Cats in the wild like to drink out of large watering holes so they can drink with theirs head looking straight up to make sure there is no danger.

I went out and bought a 9-12 inch (I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know exact, its big) stainless steel dog watering bowl… my Diva, who never once drank out of a bowl, even got so sick because he refused to drink I had to take him to the vet multiple times and waste so much money on him…. He drank… he drank so much he vomited lol but he still drank!

He is still finicky and likes the tap better, but he will drink from the bowl when he gets tired of waiting for us to turn on the tap. Especially if there are ice cubes in it.

It may not work for you, since it hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t worked for some others I gave this advice to…but it worked for me! Just thought I would bring it up.
Excellent point. Some cats won't go near the fountains. Fortunately I think more will than won't so that's a blessing.