TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Drinking!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Drinking!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Iam afraid my cat's drinking is a big problem, i just find this Drinking Fountain, has anyone here used it before? What about it?
post #2 of 10
IMO you can get a better one for much less... $100 is too much for a fountain! You can get a drinkwell (the most popular), for 1/2 of the price; or a Petmate Deluxe (I have it, it's pretty good!) for 1/3 of the price!
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
IMO you can get a better one for much less... $100 is too much for a fountain!
Suppose that depends on where you live, Drinkwells are over $100 here, Cat-It $80.

Mine have a Drinkwell, Cat-It and Petmate deluxe. All are good, the quietest is the Petmate while the Drinkwell holds the most water.
post #4 of 10
I have the CatIt and love it. It is so quiet that I just now had to check to see if it was still running. I had the PetMate before and didn't like it as the water is open to dust and other debris - much like the one in the picture you posted.

I found the cats drank more water once we got the fountain as well and the water is always clean.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincop130 View Post
Iam afraid my cat's drinking is a big problem, i just find this Drinking Fountain, has anyone here used it before? What about it?
Pictured in your link is the larger fountain. They make a smaller one for less. They are wonderful for encouraging cats to drink more.
post #6 of 10
I liked the Petmate deluxe, until two of the kittens learned how to work together and disassemble it! There was filter charcoal everywhere. Thoe two are still so obsessed with all thing water that I'm afraid to invest in a more expensive fountain for them to destroy.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
I liked the Petmate deluxe, until two of the kittens learned how to work together and disassemble it! There was filter charcoal everywhere. Thoe two are still so obsessed with all thing water that I'm afraid to invest in a more expensive fountain for them to destroy.
You might have better luck with the CatIt - there isn't much they can disassemble.
post #8 of 10
I have the Catit and all 3 of my cats love it! It's easy to clean and operate.
post #9 of 10
It really depends on the cat. My Bugsy (my little diva) has never drank out of anything other then the faucet (we tried all of the fountains, the only thing it did was make Capones acne pretty bad, my other cats loved them though!), that caused a lot of problems for us especially if we had to go away for more then 24 or less hours. I did a lot of research and had so much advice and none of it worked. Not to say it was bad advice, I just mean what worked for their cat wouldn’t work for mine. Cats are odd aren’t they? =)

Funny thing is I went to the Vet and she gave me an article on how some cats have more of a wild cat instinct then others. Cats in the wild like to drink out of large watering holes so they can drink with theirs head looking straight up to make sure there is no danger.

I went out and bought a 9-12 inch (I don’t know exact, its big) stainless steel dog watering bowl… my Diva, who never once drank out of a bowl, even got so sick because he refused to drink I had to take him to the vet multiple times and waste so much money on him…. He drank… he drank so much he vomited lol but he still drank!

He is still finicky and likes the tap better, but he will drink from the bowl when he gets tired of waiting for us to turn on the tap. Especially if there are ice cubes in it.

It may not work for you, since it hasn’t worked for some others I gave this advice to…but it worked for me! Just thought I would bring it up.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom View Post
It really depends on the cat. My Bugsy (my little diva) has never drank out of anything other then the faucet (we tried all of the fountains, the only thing it did was make Capones acne pretty bad, my other cats loved them though!), that caused a lot of problems for us especially if we had to go away for more then 24 or less hours. I did a lot of research and had so much advice and none of it worked. Not to say it was bad advice, I just mean what worked for their cat wouldn’t work for mine. Cats are odd aren’t they? =)

Funny thing is I went to the Vet and she gave me an article on how some cats have more of a wild cat instinct then others. Cats in the wild like to drink out of large watering holes so they can drink with theirs head looking straight up to make sure there is no danger.

I went out and bought a 9-12 inch (I don’t know exact, its big) stainless steel dog watering bowl… my Diva, who never once drank out of a bowl, even got so sick because he refused to drink I had to take him to the vet multiple times and waste so much money on him…. He drank… he drank so much he vomited lol but he still drank!

He is still finicky and likes the tap better, but he will drink from the bowl when he gets tired of waiting for us to turn on the tap. Especially if there are ice cubes in it.

It may not work for you, since it hasn’t worked for some others I gave this advice to…but it worked for me! Just thought I would bring it up.
Excellent point. Some cats won't go near the fountains. Fortunately I think more will than won't so that's a blessing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Drinking!