TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Pizza and Big Brother
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pizza and Big Brother

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

you'll need sound
you need to watch the arrow curser as it moves
post #2 of 16
Funny!
post #3 of 16
I saw that at least 4-5 years ago, must have been Bush era! There are meds for paranoia and persecution delusions ya know!
post #4 of 16
The government is already too big for its britches. If the state of affairs in this country would actually devolve to such an absurd point, then it would be time to revolt and start over. I'm sure there are some whackos out there who would support what was in the link.
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
The government is already too big for its britches. If the state of affairs in this country would actually devolve to such an absurd point, then it would be time to revolt and start over. I'm sure there are some whackos out there who would support what was in the link.
...you must mean the whackos on the right who believe in the clip's premise!
post #6 of 16
That's silly. The pizza person would never admit to knowing all that.
post #7 of 16
This is "scary" because this type of thing is really not that far off in happening for real. Especially with what's going on right now regarding ObamaCare!
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
This is "scary" because this type of thing is really not that far off in happening for real. Especially with what's going on right now regarding ObamaCare!
Yeah REAL scary - like that death panel thing, (cue up scary movie music, or theme from Jaws, whatever you fancy!)

I knew I liked P.T. Barnum for a reason, yep, EVERY MINUTE, P.T., every minute!
post #9 of 16
Why the personall attacks, Mom? Neither Essay nor Golden said anything about right/left, OR the health care bill?

Back on topic: I thought it was hilarious. I would be pretty scared if that happened, but right now I find it humorous.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
Why the personall attacks, Mom? Neither Essay nor Golden said anything about right/left, OR the health care bill?

Back on topic: I thought it was hilarious. I would be pretty scared if that happened, but right now I find it humorous.
It doesn't bother me, I'm pretty level headed. I never said I believed what was in the clip, just that it wouldn't surprise me if some people did. What I do believe is that the federal government is too big for its own good. There's nothing "whacko" or "right wing" about my statements. I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
Why the personall attacks, Mom? Neither Essay nor Golden said anything about right/left, OR the health care bill?

Back on topic: I thought it was hilarious. I would be pretty scared if that happened, but right now I find it humorous.

The word "whackos" was used and I'm sure it was not aimed at the RIGHT side of the aisle--given the history here and who the content was aimed at--meaning those who support UHC. You do not have to be Agatha Christie to pick up on that! Covert or overt take your pick. I take overt.
post #12 of 16
Keep in mind that things like this DO happen in time. And its NOT far fetched to happen.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz View Post
The word "whackos" was used and I'm sure it was not aimed at the RIGHT side of the aisle--given the history here and who the content was aimed at--meaning those who support UHC. You do not have to be Agatha Christie to pick up on that! Covert or overt take your pick. I take overt.

There are "whackos" on the far right and the far left. When the pendulum swings to the extremes of the far left and far right government gets bigger and becomes more intrusive into people's lives.

For the record, I don't care for the far left or the far right. I'm more in the middle when it comes to social issues, I like less government, and believe the Constitution should be upheld the way it is currently written.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz View Post
The word "whackos" was used and I'm sure it was not aimed at the RIGHT side of the aisle--given the history here and who the content was aimed at--meaning those who support UHC. You do not have to be Agatha Christie to pick up on that! Covert or overt take your pick. I take overt.


Newsflash: There are extremist whacko's on both sides.
post #15 of 16
And with the idea some have to putting an extra tax on sodas...... the 20.00 extra charge for the double meat pizza doesn't sound so far fetched.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz View Post
The word "whackos" was used and I'm sure it was not aimed at the RIGHT side of the aisle--given the history here and who the content was aimed at--meaning those who support UHC. You do not have to be Agatha Christie to pick up on that! Covert or overt take your pick. I take overt.
I'm not really sure why you are being so defensive. I laughed at it, because it's probably going to be true, not because of who is pres but because the internet is allowing people to get that info all the time...regardless of who they are (if they pay the price). Anyone can get any info they want online, if we're not smart.

I didn't even think about the health bill until you said something about the post being against it and Obama.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Pizza and Big Brother