I just have no will power

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just cannot control myself that time of the month. I just eat and eat. I try to tell myself I don't need it but it never passes and I give in. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I'm terrified if I keep at it, I will not fit into my wedding dress next summer!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I just cannot control myself that time of the month. I just eat and eat. I try to tell myself I don't need it but it never passes and I give in. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I'm terrified if I keep at it, I will not fit into my wedding dress next summer!
Fill up on fresh veggies. Do something else. Go out and take a walk, clean out the closet. Anything to keep your hands busy and you away from the kitchen!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hear ya! I find that I can fill up on drinks, like get uncomfortably full, and then not eat so much. Tea, milk drinks especially and of course pop, but that's more calories.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pick and choose what you eat
untill you can "conquer" the habit....

Thats what I have to do. I tend to binge the odd time, but I've switched alot of foods around so while I may eat alot I'm only consumming 500 vs 1500 cals.

Sunflower seeds with shells are great. Low cal, good for you, and very time consumming (to shell em, eat em).

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Pick and choose what you eat
untill you can "conquer" the habit....

Thats what I have to do. I tend to binge the odd time, but I've switched alot of foods around so while I may eat alot I'm only consumming 500 vs 1500 cals.

Sunflower seeds with shells are great. Low cal, good for you, and very time consumming (to shell em, eat em).
Exactly pick and choose, low cal or snacks that are time comsuming. I use to be bad for chips and such however I manage to change over to raw veggies and fresh fruit and now I snack non-stop during those days but don't gain any weight.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am a hopeless case when it is like that, i will consume so much and then the rest of the month i shed the weight and put it all back on with in two days!

no advice here except for not keeping those naughty foods in the house!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't keep tempting foods in the house, and that really cuts down on eating them.
Sure, I COULD drive to the store and pick those things up, but I'm too lazy to get into the car and go shopping.

If I'm desperate enough to go shopping, then I just give in. lol

ETA: If you think you need to lose weight cuz you feel like you look horrible, take a picture of yourself in a bikini. Boy, that really got my butt in gear, lol.