Pics and show update from me

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,

I haven't updated my show results lately and just thought I'd share a few pics with you at the same time.

I'll start with my girl Fluffy. Her full title is Double Grand Champion Captivating Sweet Escape. She is 32 points away from achieving her Bronze status. I'm hoping that she will be able to do this in the last 4 shows of the season.

She has won a few lower down placings in the top tens the last couple of shows (against 30 cats average). I think her highest was a 6th. She won best eye colour in every ring (3) at the last show and she won the highest award in one ring, the Breeders award of merit of which she has won me 3 in her showing career.

Fluffy has 4 more shows left.

* This coming Saturday - 15th Aug (2 rings for Fluffy)

* September 6th (5 rings)

* September 26th (3 rings)

* October 31st (1 ring)

I'll now share some photos of Fluffy with you over the last few weeks.

Here is Fluffy from Sunday, she was relaxing in the sun

Just if you are interested I will tell you why I've kept her for breeding. She has a fantastic large head for a maiden female. It's very round with excellent small ears that fit into her head. Her eyes are very large, round, bold with really nice eye colour. Although she doesn't always open them at the shows.

Her body is fantastic and short although she does need to put on some weight and her chest is quite narrow. Her colour is beautiful but some judges don't like her "snot mark" although I love it. It suits her perfectly!

I'm going to mate her as soon as she calls because I want babies from her this year.

Fluffy at the last show

More pics to come....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to get out amongst the public when I'm at cat shows and the last show I went to (and judged at!) was a Pet Expo show. Fluffy was used as part of a breed display. The lady with her bred her mother (Flutterby - in my signature!).

The week before I had her out on a table for the kids to play with. She takes it all in her stride.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm probably not going to be able to show Tales again this year because of her dematitis but I may get her into the last show of the year on October 31st. We'll see how we go.

Here are some photos of Tale's brother, Flynn (Sonic). He was just 7 months old in these pics and has just turned 8 months old.

Nana & I are showing a brother and sister duo. I'll show you photos of the sister first. Her name is Grafton Happily Never After. She's a Blue Tabby Bicolour Exotic (mk) and she won Pedigree Persian Kitten of the year. She's been doing really well at the shows winning BIS & Reserves in most rings.

Happy being judged at the COTY ceremony

Her kitty Gramma - Happy is Tales & Fluffy's cousin

Up close

Being crowned

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's her brother - my pride and joy. Grafton Boy in Striped Pyjamas, and yes haha he has no stripes!

Here he is the night he arrived - he needed a show bath so bad!

Here he is after his show bath!

Jarmies & Elmo

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two old cats managed to sneak themselves into this thread too. The brown is Sophie and the red is Elmo. Sophie will be 7 in Oct and Elmo 10 in Nov. Both multi BIS winners.

Here are some photos of cats that I have judged

Cream Bicolour Persian

Blue eyed white Persian (My BIS)

Orange eyed white Persian (also 1/2 sister to Happy & Jarmies)

Blue Bicolour male

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now to my judging. My judging is going well. I've got two assignments left this year. One is this coming weekend and one is on the 26th of September. I have since qualified to judge LH Entire cats. To do this I had to complete at least 6 assignments of 150 cats.

Here's my friend at the breed talks with a Silver tabby MCO, just for something different

If you've made it this far -- OMG! Seriousely. Thanks for looking!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Breeders award of merit of which she has won me 3 in her showing career.
Wonderful Sam
Jody recently told me the significance of that award, you must be so proud.

Congratulations on your judging

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting the pics, Sam! I'm loving your Fluffy, and her little facial mark is adorable. . . my oh my, you can paint her any color you want and I still like her

Questions. . . Does your association have separate awards for eye color? And is it awarded within the same class?

What does the Breeders award of merit signify?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Sam!!!!

It amazes me to see how well socialized your kitties are!! Just amazing! They are gorgeous too, of course!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dorabella's mom

Congrats and thanks for sharing
Thank you. Did any colour of Persian/Exotic take your fancy?

Originally Posted by mews2much

Great Pictures Sam.
Congrats on getting to judge more cats.
I will be showing Sept 6th also.
I love the Rossettes your cats received.
Thanks Jacky. Yeah Sept 6 will be my last big show. It's only about 40 minutes drive so not far at all.

Originally Posted by missymotus

Wonderful Sam
Jody recently told me the significance of that award, you must be so proud.

Congratulations on your judging
Thanks Amanda. Yeah the BAM is pretty special. It's obvious to me that I would have won more with my harlequin since she's so different but I will not complain if I win them for Fluffy too. It was given on the basis that the judge said she had the best eye colour on a Persian she had ever seen.

Originally Posted by FerrisCat

Thanks for posting the pics, Sam! I'm loving your Fluffy, and her little facial mark is adorable. . . my oh my, you can paint her any color you want and I still like her

Questions. . . Does your association have separate awards for eye color? And is it awarded within the same class?

What does the Breeders award of merit signify?
Thanks for your comments about Fluffy. She's pretty special and has a lovely personality to match. Much more different then the Exotics - very calm and laid back with a sweet little meow.

Every section at our shows - Entire Cats, Entire Kittens, N/S Cats & N/S Kittens have a Best eye colour, best temperament and best groomed award. Judges do not have to award them though, it's at their discretion. Most of these special classes get a special rosette

I think to date Fluffy has won 15 best eye colour awards, 3 best groomed (YAY!) and 4 or 5 best temperaments.

The breeders award of merit is a special award and I've only won about 20 in my 13.5 years of breeding. It's given in 3 sections - Entire cats, Entire kittens and a joint one for the N/S Section. Again it's the judges choice whether to award one. It's an award given to the breeder of the cat rather than the owner, like most prizes, and it signifys the fact that the breeder is doing something well or is getting on the track to something good.

For example many chocolate colours in the Persian win them or cats with exceptional markings. In June I awarded a BAM to a cat because she had a fantastic sweet expression (Persian) in another section at the same show I awarded one to a Birman who had fantastic eye colour, width to the muzzle and a tempermant to boot!

Thanks for the questions.

Originally Posted by carolinalima

Congrats Sam!!!!

It amazes me to see how well socialized your kitties are!! Just amazing! They are gorgeous too, of course!
Thank you!
Happy especially just loves people but she's just 6 months old and has more stamina then her Persian cousin.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Fluffy's face, she looks so sweet.

Here's her brother - my pride and joy. Grafton Boy in Striped Pyjamas, and yes haha he has no stripes!
*Steals kitty and runs*

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Congratulations. Your kitties are beautiful
Thank you!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Great pictures and you have very lovely show quality cats. Your Maines are as big as ours over here
Thanks! That boy is just 12 months old!!

Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

I love Fluffy's face, she looks so sweet.

*Steals kitty and runs*
I had a feeling you would like him!! I wonder why. Any thoughts on his colour would be greatly received.
I do like your taste in cats!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had a feeling you would like him!! I wonder why. Any thoughts on his colour would be greatly received.
I do like your taste in cats!
Thanks. I have a soft spot on Persians and silvers, so when you combine the two = win

His colour looks very similar to my Utu's (BLH), though Utu is a bit darker. I would propably guess he's somekind of tabby (like Utu, who is registered as a shaded silver 'coz that's what he looked like when he was a baby). What does the back of his ears look like?
I tried to compare his pics to some other silver Persians but I'm still clueless.

By the way, that blue bicolour male has an extra cute nose!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, Sam, you are doing so well with your judging, and your babies are doing awesome in the rings.

But I have to say, that MCO is awesome..... HUGE boy.

Good luck with your future judging and the kitties in their shows.

While I doubt I'll ever own any persians, I would seriously like to fly over, steal your "striped boy" and bring him home with me. He is beautiful