Which would you choose?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright everyone, I need help deciding. This weekend, if everything turns out right, I am planning to go skydiving. It has been a lifelong desire of mine to do this, and this is the year that I am going to do it. I had thought that tandem was the only way to jump, but the place also offers static line jumping for a first time also.

For those who aren't familiar,

tandem is where you are strapped to a more experienced person for the entire jump.

static line means that there is a line attached from the chute cord to the aircraft so that when you jump, your chute deploys. static line jumping is done alone with someone on a radio guiding you down.

Hubby thinks that if I am allowed to jump alone, that I will klutz it up somehow especially on landing. He is not going to be the one jumping. I think that since it is offered, static line jumping would be so totally cool. What do you think?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO if you've never done it before - its better to be strapped with an experienced person then to go it alone

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO if you've never done it before - its better to be strapped with an experienced person then to go it alone
Exactly my thoughts! Of course, like you, I always though the only way to jump your first time was tandem. Static would make me nervous for a first time.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might not have felt this way when I was younger, but there is no way I am leaving a perfectly good airplane before it lands and parks.