Why I've Been Away

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I haven't been on here in awhile cuz...

We bought a house!!!!!!!!

It was a long long hard road that I think I nearly went bald over. Anyone that's been close with me here knows that me and my DH live on 300 sq ft and he's a packrat!

We now own a 3 bed 1 bath in the neighborhood where I went to high school. It needs some work but DH is willing to do it so that's ok with me. We also have a snake that I could do without but if it leaves me alone I will let it live!

When I have time and am at either place long enough I will post some pics especially of Kitters reaction to so much space! She's so gonna love it.

So, that is my update for now! I wanted to also say thanks to everyone that gave me vibes the last time we started doing this! THANKS!!!!!!!

Jill

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Jill thats fantastic news!! I am so happy for you.
Are you guys moved in yet?
You are going to have dedicate one room for DH and his keepsakes and not let him take over

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Psychologists say buying a house and moving, losing your job, or a death in the family all produce about the same level of stress. So you're not alone in the experience.

I wish I could buy a cozy little house near either of the high schools I attended. So how about pics of the house and the kitties in it?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was wondering where you ahve been!

That's awesome!
Congratulations!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Aww Jill thats fantastic news!! I am so happy for you.
Are you guys moved in yet?
You are going to have dedicate one room for DH and his keepsakes and not let him take over
We are in the process of fixing some of the things that need to be done before Kitters can come... We need to put a door on the pump room, so she can have full reign of the whole house and not take a DIP!! LOL

Originally Posted by gemlady

Will Kitters be getting her own room?
She is so spoiled already I KNOW she is going to have SOOO many things with more room. We already ordered her a new toy I will have to take video of her with it once we get it.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

How exciting!!!
We definitely want pictures!!

I second dedicating 1 room for hubby! And when he fills it, that's it! Collecting stops!
He has a whole HUGE man-cave he gets to have for his stuff!

Originally Posted by Pami

Im sure she will pick which room(s) she wants.
Yuppers!!! ALL OF THEM!!!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Psychologists say buying a house and moving, losing your job, or a death in the family all produce about the same level of stress. So you're not alone in the experience.

I wish I could buy a cozy little house near either of the high schools I attended. So how about pics of the house and the kitties in it?
I can see that being the case.

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I was wondering where you ahve been!

That's awesome!
Congratulations!
Thanks everyone!!!! Off to do more work. I will get pics up as soon as I have more time and get things a bit more in order!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome Jill!
Congratulations! It's nice to see you back here too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Congratulations
I know you've been working hard for this.
Yeah, with what we went through the last time and then this thing... I am glad the first home thing is over with!!!! We bought a foreclosure and the bank that owned it gave us the run around and it was in so many peoples hands it was a NIGHTMARE, but, it's all over, it's mine and I'm so happy!!!

Well, today we have a bunch of the big stuff in there and I have half the bedroom painted! I just couldn't do anymore last night!
I thought I was going to spit green for week!!! I hate painting apparently! I wish I was like 5 feet taller and 3 feet shorter all at the same time... Getting up and down is a PAIN!! Literally!
But, I only have to do it once.... hopefully! The rest of the rooms are going white and one at a time so, it shouldn't be too bad!

Well, off to finish the bedroom!

Jill