Huge storm coming our way

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's getting darker and darker outside, and the news is saying that we're supposed to get in the next few minutes a horrible storm- tons of lightning and straight-line winds in excess of 60 mph. It looks like it's 8 at night outside right now- I'm starting to FREAK OUT. I always panic when there's a storm. Especially since I live in the upper flat of an old building, not the best place for a storm like this. I do have complete access to the basement, but I can't really bring the cats down so I never go down there for a storm. All I can do at a time like this is put their collars on (with ID tags, even though 2 are microchipped) in case something happens and they get out, and pray which I rarely do lol.

Ugh, it's getting sooo dark out there! Me so scared!!!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

It's getting darker and darker outside, and the news is saying that we're supposed to get in the next few minutes a horrible storm- tons of lightning and straight-line winds in excess of 60 mph. It looks like it's 8 at night outside right now- I'm starting to FREAK OUT. I always panic when there's a storm. Especially since I live in the upper flat of an old building, not the best place for a storm like this. I do have complete access to the basement, but I can't really bring the cats down so I never go down there for a storm. All I can do at a time like this is put their collars on (with ID tags, even though 2 are microchipped) in case something happens and they get out, and pray which I rarely do lol.

Ugh, it's getting sooo dark out there! Me so scared!!!
Breathe, take a breath, do not panic. Breathe again. I have storms heading at me too.
If you cannot get to a basement get to a center room, without windows. Get the cats with you, bribe them, "Snacks" yelling works for me, as I just did it cause Ginger found a spot to hide.
You will be fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Breathe, take a breath, do not panic. Breathe again. I have storms heading at me too.
If you cannot get to a basement get to a center room, without windows. Get the cats with you, bribe them, "Snacks" yelling works for me, as I just did it cause Ginger found a spot to hide.
You will be fine!
Thanks for the support... I actually took several deep breaths after reading that
. I forgot that I wasn't really breathing! Unfortunately I don't have a center room in my house- the only one is the bathroom, but that one has a larger window too with a bedroom on each side so it's only somewhat protected. I did have a bit of a panic attack when it first started, but I just stayed on this site the entire time to keep myself busy (great target for lightning,
). If this keeps up tho I'm gonna have to crack open the anxiety medication!
(man have I got issues
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we're going to get hit in about 10 minutes with severe level thunderstorms. There are already tons of power lines down (obviously not my house yet, thank goodness). I have the feeling though that the power is not going to last much longer for me... Hopefully I'll be in bed by then, becuz I tend to panic even worse when the power goes out
. I hope all other members that may be getting hit with this storm stay safe and don't get too much damage- it's a nasty one!