Some new, recent photos [snakes, lizards, furries]

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here are some recent photos of our zoo. First, Tank the rescued Bearded Dragon. He is about two years old and small for his age, but he eats like a champ! Here he is donning his birthday best.

This is Freyja, our yearling leucistic Texas ratsnake... one of our most gorgeous snakes. She was a hateling as a baby, but is now quite calm!

I was sad when our big female African housesnake died in April, and Tara suprised me with this little yearling a few weeks ago. We named her Wraith.

Avery the blue tongue skink, showing off her namesake:

Carlos, our 6'+ male Boa constrictor imperator. He is full grown at this point.

I need to upload some of the furry pics. I'll post those next.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here are some recent pics of a few others. Phoenix the Mexican red leg T finally shed in early July (our first shed!) and looks lovely. And Pippen the Eastern Painted Turtle

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohh, they are all gorgeous! I'm a huge reptile fan, but unfortunately due to my current living situation and the next few years I'm limited to my little leopard gecko, Sadie. She's a sweetie, but I'm looking forward to getting into snakes when I get the chance!

Your guys are all beautiful though! I'm partial to snakes, but the lizards are awesome too!

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, and while I hate spiders I love tarantulas
Yet another critter I want... probably a more reasonable option in the near future...

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tara has two T's... the MRL and a rose hair. I like the MRL but the rosehair, which was purchased as an adult, kind of creeps me out. Mind you, I am a BAD arachnophobe. But I do find beauty in them, and they are large enough that I can see clearly where they are. For the most part they move slow and that is good, too. I hate when she feeds them because they are lightning quick at that point!

I have two female leos. They just reached breeding weight and we've split them up in hopes of finding them some lovely lads to breed with at shows this fall.

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

They all look very healthy and happy

Love the dragon in the bday hat pic
Thanks! We saw a BD at a show this weekend dressed in a halloween pumpkin suit. Now Tara wants him to be dressed up for Halloween. Lord.

Incidentally, he is very "blue" in our current pics because his former owners kept him on blue calci sand (very bad for him) and he just finished his complete shed and is now a very attractive normal buff color! I am so happy! He is getting a bit more weight on him too!

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus

Tara has two T's... the MRL and a rose hair. I like the MRL but the rosehair, which was purchased as an adult, kind of creeps me out. Mind you, I am a BAD arachnophobe. But I do find beauty in them, and they are large enough that I can see clearly where they are. For the most part they move slow and that is good, too. I hate when she feeds them because they are lightning quick at that point!

I have two female leos. They just reached breeding weight and we've split them up in hopes of finding them some lovely lads to breed with at shows this fall.
Yup, I think the size might have something to do with it in my case as well. They just don't bother me as much as most spiders do. I'd also like an Imperor Scorpion

Aww, yay for the geckos! Good luck with it! I'd love to go to reptile shows and such, but have unfortunately not found anything in the area.