Movies you would never in a million years watch

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To keep the movie theme going, what movies would you rather hammer large spikes into your eyes than watch? Or, what movies have you seen that you wish you could have that 2 hours of your life back?
I will probably get yelled at for this one, but I will never see "Bruno" and have never seen "Borat" and have no intention to.

sammyp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Or, what movies have you seen that you wish you could have that 2 hours of your life back?
Almost all of them recently!
The rubbish movies far far outweigh the good at the moment....

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I love "da ali g show" where Borat and Bruno are characters. The movies don't measure up. I didn't see Bruno because I heard it's not very good but I thought Borat had some funny parts. One thing I will always be up for no matter what is retarded and awkward comedy. I'd see it, even if it's not very good and I wouldn't regret having watched it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starship Troopers.
Saw it, wished I had not. Good gore scenes, thats about it. Gimme my money back!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kill Bill

Any horror movie

Borat

In fact, there's precious little I'm willing to sit long enough to watch.

"Starship Troopers" was a very good book, but it was more philosophy than action. The movie tried to turn it into an action movie.

Heinlein would have turned over in his grave. (He's dead, right?)

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dune.
Need I say more.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are so many. Bloodsucking Freaks tops the list because they killed animals to make that movie. Same with Patton with George C. Scott, because of the mule scene. All Faces of Death movies. Darkness Falls because the first five minutes traumatized me. Almost anything that won an award (or worse, was there and didn't) at the Sundance Film festival. I can litterally be at the video store register to check out and if I find out I've accidentally got one of those Film Festival movies I refuse it on the spot.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

There are so many. Bloodsucking Freaks tops the list because they killed animals to make that movie. Same with Patton with George C. Scott, because of the mule scene. All Faces of Death movies. Darkness Falls because the first five minutes traumatized me. Almost anything that won an award (or worse, was there and didn't) at the Sundance Film festival. I can litterally be at the video store register to check out and if I find out I've accidentally got one of those Film Festival movies I refuse it on the spot.
Oh wow, another human has seen Bloodsucking Freaks! Nasty movie. I was deep into horror flicks when I saw that, oh, about 20 blah blah mumble years ago.They killed animals for that? Yikes

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kill Bill
Ditto; I've seen bits and pieces when DH comes across this movie on tv and I find it so incredibly lame and unbelievable. (IMO, Quentin Tarentino is not much of a writer or director, and I never thought David Carradine could act)

Love Sting, hate the movie (of course, DH loves it)

I saw the first Saw, and wouldn't watch any of the others. I avoid teenage-boy-type movies like the plague, and don't go for chick flicks, either. I refuse to watch movies that have gratuitous violence and gore, and totally un-necessary sex scenes.

And, I loathed The Blair Witch Project. DH & I were the only ones in the theater, and the filming made me so nauseous that, after the first 10 minutes or so, I spent the rest of the movie with my eyes closed trying not to throw up.

DH & DD both think the Scary Movie films are hilarious; I cannot stand them.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not big on love stories and such and everyone always looks at me like I am an alien of some kind when I say I never seen Titanic, and never will...Same goes for Gone with The Wind, Rebel Without a Cause, or any of the other movies along those lines.

However I have seen Kill Bill and Dune mentioned and I have saw and loved both of those....

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I am not big on love stories and such and everyone always looks at me like I am an alien of some kind when I say I never seen Titanic, and never will...Same goes for Gone with The Wind, Rebel Without a Cause, or any of the other movies along those lines.

However I have seen Kill Bill and Dune mentioned and I have saw and loved both of those....
I did like Titanic, but it does get annoying. Rose, Jack, Rose, Jack, Hardcore salesmen dont use someones name that much!
And letting him die, come on, you couldnt get off the floating door for just a minute to save him from frezing to death?

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I did like Titanic, but it does get annoying. Rose, Jack, Rose, Jack, Hardcore salesmen dont use someones name that much!
And letting him die, come on, you couldnt get off the floating door for just a minute to save him from frezing to death?
I KNOW!!! That's what I think everytime I watch that- and why couldn't he get up on the door with her? There was PLENTY of room on that door, they could lie on top of each other if they had to and it would still keep them afloat. But I still don't get that annoyed with that movie- it's like my generations "big movie" lol so it's kinda expected that I be in love with it (and I must admit, I am
)

As for Borat and Brüno- I honestly think that Brüno should be outlawed. It is illegal in MANY countries to make Hitler references, and there are many in that movie (and not trying to make him look like a horrible person either).

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To keep the movie theme going, what movies would you rather hammer large spikes into your eyes than watch? Or, what movies have you seen that you wish you could have that 2 hours of your life back?
I will probably get yelled at for this one, but I will never see "Bruno" and have never seen "Borat" and have no intention to.
Like they say, one person's meat is another's poison.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummm definitely hotdogs and doughnuts.....Ummmm even that made me embarrased. I wont link to a page about but just think about the title.

I'm trying to think of the movies name it's got Rubert Grint (from Harry Potter) and an older lady in. It was pointless.

ETA: DRIVING LESSONS is the name. Worst movie I've EVER seen.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not like Stalone - so I will not watch any movies that he is in.

Another one we found very boring was the 2nd Lord of the Rings (we never saw the first one), and we could not figure out what was going on in the first 45 mins of the 2nd one. Our kids and BIL dragged us to see the 2nd movie and if we had our choice, we would have walked out!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I liked Borat. It was amusing, in fact there were some really funny parts. On that basis, I was looking forward to seeing Bruno. We did last night. Let me just say I will never see another Sasha Baron Cohen movie. Ever. He only gets to do that to me once.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

You know, I liked Borat. It was amusing, in fact there were some really funny parts. On that basis, I was looking forward to seeing Bruno. We did last night. Let me just say I will never see another Sasha Baron Cohen movie. Ever. He only gets to do that to me once.
Yep that is pretty much a waste of 2+'s hours of your life.........Not worth the time or the ticket price..

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

but I will never see "Bruno" and have never seen "Borat" and have no intention to.
I won't ever see those either. I don't care for crude "humor". That being said, one movie I saw (on TV) that I really wish I hadnt is American Psycho. I never watch creepy movies but I thought that I'd give it a go since Christian Bale was in it. Cleaning the floors with my tongue would have been a better use of my two hours.