Discovered my cat's politics

diggerled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday while I was cleaning I learned my cat was a Republican. I accidently dropped two coins to the floor and this spooked Sasha terribly. He hied and hid under a bed.

Obviously he is afraid of "change".

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by diggerled

Yesterday while I was cleaning I learned my cat was a Republican. I accidently dropped two coins to the floor and this spooked Sasha terribly. He hied and hid under a bed.

That's a good one!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by diggerled

Did you write that?
It's hilarious.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I had to laugh!
I don't understand US politics although I can relate
Obama campaign slogans were about change - "change you can believe in" and things like that. The democrats set themselves up as the party for change and claimed that the republicans wanted the same old policies. With the discontent in the U.S. about the war and other things, the theme of change appeared to work for him. Hope this helps.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Obama campaign slogans were about change - "change you can believe in" and things like that. The democrats set themselves up as the party for change and claimed that the republicans wanted the same old policies. With the discontent in the U.S. about the war and other things, the theme of change appeared to work for him. Hope this helps.
Oh. I like Obama and wish that NZ was 1/2 as lucky to have him as a leader!

Thanks for explaining to me Amy. I follow all IMO threads but cannot keep track of which is which.

ETA: I wonder how NZ would be defined. We have two major parties National & Labour.

National is what people have always considered the middle-upper class white party.

Labour is more for the working class. They had smoking stopped in pubs, made prostitution legal and made civil marriages legal.

Is Labour more like the democrats? That's how I see it here anyway.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sam, VERY generally and broadly - kind of. But the roots of the democrats are in labor, and republicans are generally considered pro-business - a lot of the differences were/are based in taxation policies.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHA!!! I can't believe that you made that up on your own- you had to have read that somewhere else. Either way, it's a good one!!!!!