She took a jump into a bathtub full of water!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So lately I've noticed the kitten showing a peak in interest in bathtub. Our red tabby male Jack loves the bathtub and has even joined me in the tub. So last night I ran my bath water and mentioned to hubby that I thought maybe we had another bathtub lover as baby Pepper has been sitting on the side of the tub and looking over the edge. I went into the bathroom to get in and Pepper was sitting on the edge of the tub. She looked as though she was contemplating jumping in--I just stood and watched. She walked a little further down the side and boom! jumped in with all four feet, hit the water (about 6-7 inches) and realized she may not have made the best decision and jumped out and ran through the house like crazy. I called her upstairs and she was soaked. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I handed her and a towel to hubby and he dried her off, she just sat on his lap and let him dry her. I wish I would have taken pictures but perhaps this will not be the last time this happens.

Leslie

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think every cat we have ever had has ended up in the tub eventually.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that has happened with my cats as well. what amazes me is how fast they can get out, it is as if they can walk on water.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

that has happened with my cats as well. what amazes me is how fast they can get out, it is as if they can walk on water.
LOL. I think of it more like thay have a hidden jet pack in their belly that immediatly shoots them straight up into the air upon hitting the water.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how funny....
next time get pictures.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This has been a big fear of mine with Daisy. She dips her tail so casually in the bathwater. Sometimes she maintains what I think of as a "diving position" from the edge of the tub. And somehow, I know if it ever happens, I will ripped to shreds as she tries to get out.
But I have to let her into the bathroom when I'm in there. It's something she did when trusted only me and followed me everywhere. I can't shut her out, so I take my chances.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was priceless. My husband said all he saw was Pepper shoot out of the bathroom and heard me laughing hysterically. I'm just glad I waited to get in until after she tried this.

With Jack I was in the water and he actually walked off the side and stood on my stomach while I was in the water--to say the least I thought I was going to be soaking in a tub full of blood. But I stayed real still, he stayed for about 3 minutes, stepped back to the side of the tub and then rocket butted down the steps while I sat laughing hysterically in the tub.

Leslie

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Moose was a kitten he was walking along the edge of the tub, while I was in it, and fell in. I don't know who moved faster - him, to escape the water, or me to avoid his claws as he frantically searched for something to grab a hold of.
Thank goodness he hasn't tried it since.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

LOL. I think of it more like thay have a hidden jet pack in their belly that immediatly shoots them straight up into the air upon hitting the water.
I love this explanation!
I'll think of that the next time Pirate takes a "dip". Cats are odd critters, them is!!!

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Too funny, and I'm sure Pepper won't be trying that again. One of my kittens, Logan will hop into the side of the tub in between the clear plastic shower curtain and the fabric one and watch you shower. He'll hop into the tub after the water stops moving.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

So lately I've noticed the kitten showing a peak in interest in bathtub. Our red tabby male Jack loves the bathtub and has even joined me in the tub. So last night I ran my bath water and mentioned to hubby that I thought maybe we had another bathtub lover as baby Pepper has been sitting on the side of the tub and looking over the edge. I went into the bathroom to get in and Pepper was sitting on the edge of the tub. She looked as though she was contemplating jumping in--I just stood and watched. She walked a little further down the side and boom! jumped in with all four feet, hit the water (about 6-7 inches) and realized she may not have made the best decision and jumped out and ran through the house like crazy. I called her upstairs and she was soaked. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I handed her and a towel to hubby and he dried her off, she just sat on his lap and let him dry her. I wish I would have taken pictures but perhaps this will not be the last time this happens.

Leslie
Perhaps. But Persi did that 3 years ago and has not been near a tub since.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

This describes a kitten we had years ago. She and her litter mates were running and chasing each other around the house and one decided to run and jump in the tub. Unfortunately, Mom had the water running and kitten ended up ankle deep in shallow water. I heard Mom guffawing and she said the kitten entered the tub in a graceful arc, but the exit was a more cartoonlike straight up, straight back, and then straight down to the bath mat.

Then straight out the door

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep sounds just like the time I had a bath all set. I was on my way to the bathroom when I suddenly heard a "Splash". Quickly rounded the corner to see Jordan standing in the tub looking like, "This is wet, why am I in here?" It took 5 - 10 seconds for the message to go from his brain to his legs, then he rocketed out of the tub & into the front room to dry off. I'm not sure if he did it on purpose or if he fell in? I have to say the cat & the bath tub moments are the best.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gus fell in the water...once. I ended up with a bruise the size of a large grapefruit on my back/side from where he used me as a rebound. I had huge infected scrapes on my back also. Not fun for either of us. Stupid me, I still continued to let him come in the bathroom with me every time, though. He loved sitting on the edge of the tub with me.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

When Moose was a kitten he was walking along the edge of the tub, while I was in it, and fell in. I don't know who moved faster - him, to escape the water, or me to avoid his claws as he frantically searched for something to grab a hold of.
Thank goodness he hasn't tried it since.
That happened to me a few years ago with Aussie and unfortunately she was NOT a kitten. Try getting out from under a 16lb frantic cat's claws! Personally I'm surprised she didn't sink straight to the bottom!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark will often venture into the bathtub, but only when it's empty and bone dry....she curls up in there to sleep.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think all my pets are weird after reading this posting..My animals actually like baths...well I shouldnt say like they tolerate water. But Fatman who is my bathroom obsessed cat will actually try and join BF in the shower....The dog isnt afraid to hop himself in there either..Hes banned from the bathroom during showers because of his enjoyment of tubs!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misty did this once. She loved watching the water run, and we used to fill up the sink and then let it down cause she loved that too. So one day DH decided to fill the tub a bit and Misty decided she wanted to get a closer look. She definitely got out faster than she got in - very bad judgment call on her part

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a number of years since I've allowed myself the luxury of soaking in a tub, but I used to when Shasta was little. Bubble bath even. One time -- only one -- she was walking along the edge of the tub, poking at the bubbles, and got a little careless. In she went, and up she came -- up the WALL side of the tub, and therefore with no purchase whatsoever, she fell right back into the water. The second time she came up, she got it right and landed on the bathmat. Took longer to write that than for it to happen. Needless to say, I got out and dried her off, while trying not to laugh too hard. She never investigated bubblebath again...

Nobody else ever had a bath tub incident, but Fawn loves to sit in the shower stall after it's been used and meditate in the residual steam. The bath tub is also one of her "stops" on her "skitty" route, but it does not involve water.