Upcoming Movies to See

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of movies, which movies that will be coming out within the next year or so are you planning on seeing?

I have 3 Johnny Depp ones I want us to see - the 4th Pirates movie, Alice in Wonderland, and Dark Shadows - the Alice in Wonderland should be pretty cool - he plays the Mad Hatter.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with all 3 Johnny Depp movies; he is fabulous.
I'm looking forward to seeing 2012; just saw the trailer yesterday. (it's about the Mayan calendar ending on Dec.21, 2012 which some folks say predicts the world will end on the day)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about that one (2012). That should be a good fiction movie with the special effects

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for Public Enemies to get to the local. Also want to see Dark Shadows and Pirates 4 and the final 3 HP movies. Missed Half-Blood Prince due to circumstances beyond my control so that has to wait for the DVD to come out as the local doesn't bring stuff back.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

Waiting for Public Enemies to get to the local. Also want to see Dark Shadows and Pirates 4 and the final 3 HP movies. Missed Half-Blood Prince due to circumstances beyond my control so that has to wait for the DVD to come out as the local doesn't bring stuff back.
Public enemies will not dissapoint you. The best movie I've seen this year. Although the hangover was a riot!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot the Dark Shadows was being released
I would like to see Where The Wild Things Are.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely POTC4. And I will probably go to the midnight premier dressed in Pirate Garb cause I am cool like that!
I kind of want to see Julie & Julia but will probably wait for it to come out on Netflix.
Repo The Genetic Opera is on the top of my list!
Say It In Russian (independent film need to find it on netflix as well)
Inglourious Basterds - We will be going to see this one opening weekend. I love Quentin Tarantino!
The Hangover. I still havent been able to see this! Seesh!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Public Enemies was very good, as is Repo! (would like to pick up a copy on blu-ray). Terrance Zdunich has an amazing voice (go to youtube and look for some of the Repo ost) and is an even better artist.

Inglourious Basterd looks like it might be entertaining.

Last movie I went to - Funny People (DH's idea) was not funny, or even remotely entertaining. About 2/3rds of the way through it's about him hooking up with an ex, a married ex and stupid senseless drama ensues. Wait for dvd release or just skip it altogether.

I can't think of too many upcoming ones, yet, that I want to see. Haven't given it much thought lately.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm looking forward to District 9. I'm hoping it captures certain ironies that will make every human ponder our collective arrogance/ignorance - "survival of the fittest" themes, "ownership" of planet Earth in spite of our incessant parasitism, etc., - that Independence Day could have done, but missed the boat.

And if you happen to know A LOT about this movie, please don't post it! I'm so looking forward to being pleasantly surprised at the cinema for once!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We keep saying "oh that might be OK to go see" but hardly ever do, and then forget that it's out.
Such enthusiastic movie-goers. There are a few I want to see, like the Pirates one, and District 9 looks ok. I think there were some more, but I've forgotten...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I forgot the Dark Shadows was being released
I would like to see Where The Wild Things Are.
I saw the preview for Where the wild things are and was utterly confused. What's it about and it was a book first? Would that help me understand it.