Anyone else watching HBO's True Blood?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend tipped me off on it, so the past few days I watched the first season and up to date on the second....love it
! It's a twist on vampires living with humans and much more! Crime suspense, love story, drama, and the super natural!
Definitely recommend!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But of course!!! LOVE IT!!!!
HBO has pretty good series - them and Show Time...

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't afford fun channels like HBO and Showtime.

But I was into Queer as Folk for a while.

Everyone's been buzzing about True Blood...I'll have to see if I can get it anywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

I can't afford fun channels like HBO and Showtime.

But I was into Queer as Folk for a while.

Everyone's been buzzing about True Blood...I'll have to see if I can get it anywhere.
I don't have HBO either......I watched it from my computer...for free
! I have a link to several TV and movie links.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love most anything to do with vampyres. When I heard about this series some weeks back I decided to tune in.

I wasn't at all impressed. I watched 3 or 4 episodes and gave up. It wasn't at all what I imagined. I much preferred that show called "Moonlight," unfortunately it was cancelled despite being a People's Choice Winner: Something about the writer's strike.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This show is awesome!! It just keeps getting better and better. I have to say that True blood and Dexter are by far the two best show i have ever seen (Oz was pretty good too).

My boyfriend and i were addicted from the first episode, it has everything my taste would ever want in a show. Did you know that Bill and Sookie just got engaged in real life?

My sister was the one that got me into the show, she loves it so much that she just named her new english bulldog puppy Sookie LOL.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We caught part of a season one recap just as season two was starting. I thought it was pretty cool looking so I re-watched that recap on our on-demand and got caught up on season two. It's a very weird show but I really like it... I do giggle at the name Sookie though.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

Omg the way Bill says Sookie is so funny. We always laugh at it.
It's such a terrible accent it's hard not to laugh sometimes. Does anyone else think that the wanna be CSI (ex) cop (PIG!!!) sounds like the character Karl from Sling Blade?

chattycathy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love it!! I've watched it since the very first episode. It's the only show that I really look forward to watching every week. It does get a bit "out there" some times & boring at times - & for awhile lately it was just basically 1 big orgy type thing, but the past 2 episodes were good again.
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

Oz was pretty good too.

Did you know that Bill and Sookie just got engaged in real life?
I liked Oz a lot too & was very dissapointed when it was no longer on - tho admittedly it was rather blunt & brutal at times!
My fav was "Big Love"!
NO! I did not know that bill & Sooky are involved in real lifee!!

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE TrueBlood! I started watching in the middle of season 1, and couldn't wait for season 2. I watch it every week, and I was never the type to remember a show was on a certain day... I love it though, and Jason is SO HOTTTT!

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter's friend turned us on to True Blood, we watched all of season one on OnDemand then started watching season two. Lots of fun, sometimes a little too much sex, but good show.

Anyone else hear that they've realeased True Blood as a drink? It was announced at the San Diego ComicCon. It's supposed to be a Blood Orange Soda. I've got to see if we can get our hands on some. Sounds cool!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love True blood!! I've been watching it since season 1 and read all the books I'm really obsessed.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

Anyone else hear that they've realeased True Blood as a drink? It was announced at the San Diego ComicCon. It's supposed to be a Blood Orange Soda. I've got to see if we can get our hands on some. Sounds cool!
You can pre-order it here

diggerled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the series "True Blood". It is not only entertaining but also, as many HBO original series are, a reflection of our society. The hatred and prejudice.

In the last episode, Godric, the oldest vampire (2000yrs) turns out to be the most intelligent, loving, foregiving, Christ like entity. In the build up to his introduction, I was expecting an evil charachter. Suprise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by diggerled

I love the series "True Blood". It is not only entertaining but also, as many HBO original series are, a reflection of our society. The hatred and prejudice.

In the last episode, Godric, the oldest vampire (2000yrs) turns out to be the most intelligent, loving, foregiving, Christ like entity. In the build up to his introduction, I was expecting an evil charachter. Suprise.
I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I was expecting him to be as you described. After all, Eric was compelled to save him and as evil as he was, he also showed compassion. There had to be a reason he survived for 2,000 years, was a sheriff, and the only other sheriff we know of at this time, Godric was his maker........OK, I have to watch the last episode!!!!!!!!!!
I love that there are others here who love True Blood as well!!!!!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea...I was expecting Luke to have some sort of epiphony and realize that the Newlins are just a bunch of crazies ...I could have sworn he came to swear his allegiance to Godric!! But no some people are just so brain washed!! I kinda knew something was coming since I read the books but the show is taking an entirely different route, I am loving it because there are lots of surprises.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

yea...I was expecting Luke to have some sort of epiphony and realize that the Newlins are just a bunch of crazies ...I could have sworn he came to swear his allegiance to Godric!! But no some people are just so brain washed!! I kinda knew something was coming since I read the books but the show is taking an entirely different route, I am loving it because there are lots of surprises.
Something has GOT to stop Luke!!! That can't happen!!!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know....hehe i have a feeling like eric will get on top of sookie and save her or do something like that!!..everyone else is a vampire they will be fine since the only way they can die is from a steak or burned by the sun.