My Boss who didn't like cats!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss didn't really like cats all that much and didn't have any. That is until last week-end!

I appears that his wife went by PetCo to get some food for their dog, and the local no-kill shelter, "The Cat People" were having an adoption day. She called Kevin saying that she wanted to adopt one of the kittens. Well, he went down to look at the kitten she had her eye on. I guess she and their two daughters really wanted him! So what did he do? He adopted the little 8 wk old boy! And when he saw him snuggled up with his sister in the cage, he adopted her also! The are both grey/black and white. The adoption fee includes their shots and spay/neuter when they are old enough. Now he tells me all about their antics when I ask how they are.

He won't admit to liking them, but I can tell he does! Another convert to the Lover of Cat's Society!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great story!! I'm sure that for a long time they'll be referred to as "My wife's cats" or "the kids' cats", but it won't be long until they become "our cats"!!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Father was the big cat person. We used to joke that when Zane or one of his predecessors (we never had more than one cat at a time, except for a brief overlap between PurrPuss and Zane) did something cute, or sweet, or whatever he was "our cat" or "the cat", but whenever he was naughty he was "YOUR cat".

Mother might say, "Glen, YOUR CAT left a dead mouse in my shoe." I might say, "Father, YOUR CAT just threw up in my closet." But if the cat did something sweet, it was "[Name] just. . . ." or "Look what THE CAT is doing!" Or we'd tell a friend/neighbor, "Our cat is so clever! He just. . . ."

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
another convert!
I love how he adopted them both for company.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

We just got a new kitty. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202075
My husband wanted nothing to do with cats before Dusty adopted us 4 yrs. ago. Now he is smitten! He didn't think he wanted another cat, and we just got the new kitten a few days ago, but he is in love again! I just adore it when men love kitties!
I know what you mean! Sometimes my boyfriend can be a pain!

But when I see him scoop up a kitten and kiss it on top of its widdle head, I know I am dating the right guy!!

diggerled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Three years ago I could not have cared less about a cat. Then a tiny gray kitten showed up at my back door.

Now everyone that knows me thinks I'm cat crazy.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that's so cute! You get to hear all the kitten stories now!

My boyfriend wasn't even that interested when we went to the shelter to adopt our Genever. I had my eye on her from the first time I saw her a few days before when I went to look at cats by myself, and BF was just like, "yeah, let's get her if you liked her, she seems nice." (she was just sleeping the day we both went) But as soon as we got her home, it was like someone flipped the cat-lover switch in his brain; he was instantly smitten and just has grown to love her more and more over these past 7 months. It's too cute!