Housecat Housecall

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I need to spend more time on TCS because surely this program on TV has been discussed. But I knew naught about it until this morning when I turned Animal Planet on and discovered it for the first time. Am I the only one?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not the only one
- I tivo all the episodes.... It's funny to see TCS's advices coming alive, isn't it??

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, you're not the only one. I just found about it like a month ago that it existed. Some of the episodes are great, others are kinda so-so. But overall I really like it. This morning's episode was a repeat, with Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem and her cat named Kid D (I totally LOVE that name, how clever!) It's hard for me to remember to watch it in the mornings on weekends, cuz I tend to just turn my brain off on the weekends
. If I could TiVo it, I SOOOO would.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I try to catch it when I remember. I like seeing real cats loved by real people. I'm not the only one into spoiling...I like that!

The docs are sure in love with cat trees, I can tell you that.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched an episode one morning. It's all pretty much common sense stuff, like - don't want the cat begging and in peoples face, don't feed it from the table.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that its commone sense stuff so I never learn anything useful. Kinda lame in that respects. I suppose some people find it helpful.

I just like seeing the puddy cats!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we find it common sense because we already know it (a lot thanks to TCS), but quite a few people don't know what to do... Definitely the people she is helping don't. That's why a LOT of problems are solved when she goes back on her final visit...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw an episode for the first time this past weekend. I have to say I feel like it is good, but that just like many other shows about cats there is a lack of in depth information. It seems like dog shows do a better job of explaining the instinct behind the behavior. Now I was 1/2 asleep so maybe I missed something, but I just remember thinking, "Yep just like every other cat show not enough information to really learn anything aobut the cat's behavior."

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I saw an episode for the first time this past weekend. I have to say I feel like it is good, but that just like many other shows about cats there is a lack of in depth information. It seems like dog shows do a better job of explaining the instinct behind the behavior. Now I was 1/2 asleep so maybe I missed something, but I just remember thinking, "Yep just like every other cat show not enough information to really learn anything aobut the cat's behavior."
Maybe no one truly knows a cat's mind and thats why such deeper information isn't covered?

We can guess a lot, but ultimately every cat owner wonders "what the heck is he/she thinking?"