Question of the Day Aug 9th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question is,

Do you have a household chore that you really dislike doing?

I don't mind most chores however I suppose my least favorite is cleaning the bathroom.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmmm.

I'd have to say putting away the laundry.

I live out of baskets sometimes.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Hmmmmmm.

I'd have to say putting away the laundry.

I live out of baskets sometimes.
My family lives out of laundry baskets almost all the time b/c none of us like folding or putting away laundry. You aren't alone.

I hate all chores, but I think the one I like the least is doing the dishes. I absolutely hate it. I hate the feeling of my hands being wet and/or soapy, so that is a big part of it.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate doing dishes. Which is why most of the time I try to get out of them by having FH do them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is cleaning the bathroom - actually neither of us likes to do that - but since we have no kids in the house any more, we have to do it ourselves.....lol

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Hum.... My question is... Is there one I Like doing?
LOL, that would be my answer too!

The one I hate the worst is mopping. I will sweep, vacuum, do laundry, do dishes, anything...I don't care. But I HATE mopping! So, DH does it. Hey, he was in the Navy and knows how to deck mop so it's cool with me.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dusting, which rarely gets done it this place! And when I do dust, the next day everything looks like it hasn't been dusted in years anyway, so it's frustrating.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really like washing dishes or cooking anything that requires me to get my hands covered in anything. I have major issues with gummy, slimy, or sticky stuff on my hands. I also have a big problem with muscle weakness that can cause me to drop heavy things... bye, bye crock pot....pyrex pie dishes, casserole dishes, ceramic pitcher, heavy mugs, etc...

Everything else pretty much requires me to have my hand in cleaners or wet, so they're fine. There's something kind of peaceful about scrubbing a floor (not using a mop, sitting down on the floor scrubbing it) - my mind turns out of the repetitive task and I can't break anything down there.

Laundry is folded while watching tv, so that's not an unpleasant task.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really really hate washing dishes and folding laundry.

I can do any other chore with no problem, including cleaning the bathroom.

But when I was a kid I had to wash the dishes by hand every night (even though we had a dishwasher) as well as wash and fold all the laundry. Including my dad and my brother's underwear!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folding laundry and putting it away!!!! It's my nemisis!!!!

I'd rather scrub toilets than fold laundry!!!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate vacuuming for many reasons...the top being the fact my back is killing me 1-2 days later! My place looks like I dont vacuum unfortunately... but I blame it all on SMidge who hates the machine...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

I hate vacuuming for many reasons...the top being the fact my back is killing me 1-2 days later! My place looks like I dont vacuum unfortunately... but I blame it all on SMidge who hates the machine...
The solution to this is no carpet!
Vacuuming kills my back, too, but we're taking out carpets one room at a time. With four house cats and a husband with allergies and asthma it's just easier to sweep.