Weekend invasion into YOUR life: Sat. Aug. 8

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overcast and cool here today. We're supposed to get some huge thunderstorms and lots of rain, then tomorrow is muggy and hot.

I have a doc appt in an hour, and I'm keeping my fingers
that he actually does something for my pain instead of continuing to try to kill my liver.

Later this afternoon is my mom's going away party.

It's gonna be a hugely emotional day for me

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
for a good day.

Dottie has to go watch beginning drivers go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and.... All day! Eight hours! In 100 degrees!

I get to stay home with the kitties. Maybe I'll mow the lawn.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

for a good day.

Dottie has to go watch beginning drivers go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and.... All day! Eight hours! In 100 degrees!

I get to stay home with the kitties. Maybe I'll mow the lawn.
What is Dottie doing Mike? Is she a driving instructor or ????

( and thanks
)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's supposed to be HOT here today. We have a vet visit for Sam and Stumpy this morning (getting Stumpy's blood checked and Sam just needs his vaccines), a 60th birthday party at a neighbors house, and if we get everything else done that we need to, going to the demolition derby tonight at the county fair (yes, this city raised girl thinks these things are a hoot).

My list of things to do before I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning is very long. I suspect that we'll stay home tonight and get to bed early. And here I sit procrastinating again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I am showing Cleo today and am leaving in a few minutes.
It takes 2 hours to get there.
Good luck Jacky. Can't wait for pics.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

My list of things to do before I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning is very long. I suspect that we'll stay home tonight and get to bed early. And here I sit procrastinating again!

missmeowmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nothing fun here
Roofer is coming back to try and locate the leak from our NEW roof that looks fabulous, but is not yet watertight. Then, I have some work to catch up on that I didn't finish this week, and is due next week.

BLEH!!! At least I am home with some of the best company around...my kitties
Sure beats my cubicle!

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aside from watching my kittens play tag with each other this morning, I have to get my long distance run in today as part of marathon training and then later head to a BBQ for dinner.

Tomorrow - short recovery run and then a bridal shower for my cousin's fiance, their wedding is in 29 days.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Cloudy here today, but isn't suppose to rain I don't think. I am keeping my fingers crossed

Not feeling the best this morning, my doctor is weaning me off one of the medications he had me on and it's not going as well as I hoped it would.
I started declining my dosage on Tuesday and didn't start to really notice it tell yesterday but I sure can now. More then a few withdrawal symptoms are starting to pop up now.

Have a couple of errands to run today, need to grocery shop and pick up cat food but that's pretty much it.

I am in a bit of a mood so my best bet would be to hide out for the rest of the day.

The kitties are good, just had some treats and are settling down for a nap now.

Everyone have a great day

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I am showing Cleo today and am leaving in a few minutes.
It takes 2 hours to get there.
Safe trip and Good Luck!

Just hanging around here today. Cotton's up and eating and pretty much normal even without the teeth, so I'm happy.

We're alternating sun and clouds at the moment but we're suposed to get some rain later.

We're getting a quote on having our chimney fixed this afternoon. Other the that, I'm just going to work on finishing the table runner I'm quilting and maybe start another bed quilt.

Have a good day everyone!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool, cloudy and threatening rain here again - as if it hasn't rained enough in the last few days. Too muddy to do anymore than basic chores in the barn and feed cats - cat petting time is going to be seriously curtailed today because I don't do damp well anymore. Everyone that comes up will get pets but no hanging about.

AND!!! I can sit and watch the Hambletonian guilt free!!!! 'Tis gonna be a good race - think Muscle Hill is going to take it in world record time, but pulling for Federal Flex but he is way to the outside. Too bad NBC won't run the whole card, lots of good racing: Peter Haughton Memorial, Mistletoe Shalee, Nat Ray, Hambo Oaks and the USA Free For All with Shadow Play making his first start back as a 4yo. Anyone who likes harness racing can catch the Hambo, and maybe the Oaks (fillies) at 3:30 Eastern Time. Big M lists post time for the Hambo as 3:30 but check tv listings. aaaaah good afternoon of racing

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're in Kansas City (well, Raytown now and spending the night in overland park) for something to do with my husband's work/hobby. He is a machinist and makes custom parts for radio controlled rock crawler trucks, among other things. We are down here for a rock crawling competition that he and our son are competing in.

Tonight we are staying at The Doubletree hotel and going swimming. I can't wait for that part b/c this part is boring to me b/c I just get to sit in the heat for 6-8 hours. It is supposed to get upwards of 100 deg today. At least there is a nice breeze.

Tomorrow we drive home and I don't believe we have anything planned.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is nice and cool here in the 80S this past week. I am off to work at 11. I didnt get off until 12:30 this morning and had to get up early to take care of the ponies. I am house/cat sitting thus weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miserable yucky day today. Started out stormy and rainy, and though cool out, just muggy uggy uggy. Now the storms and rain have passed, for the moment, and while the temp is only 77, the heat index is 91!!!! YUCK! It is supposed to get up to 90 regular temp, I hate to see what that is going to do to the heat index!!! I hate hot muggy days, I do not so well outside in them, I tend to faint.
I knew it was coming so got all my errands run early (in the rain, but hey, beats the heat)) so not really much else to do today except cleaning up around here, if I get around to it.