TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Man blames cat for downloading porn on PC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Man blames cat for downloading porn on PC

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
MARTIN COUNTY - Martin County Sheriff's detectives didn't buy it when a 48-year-old Jensen Beach man claimed that his cat was downloading child pornography on his computer.

Link to article:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,6415792.story
post #2 of 16
Oh yeah!......that´s irrational!...
For sure the Cat has the guilt of Aids, & the Nuke bomb too...
post #3 of 16
Goodness, whenever my cats get on the computer all they've managed to do is add some funny letters to my posts or knock it out of standby mode! I'm impressed at a cat that is able to go online and download stuff, maybe he should have nuetered kitty before it got those ideas in it's head and it would have been on TCS instead.
post #4 of 16
Cats are smarter than that. If they're going to download anything it would be TCS.
post #5 of 16
well...he's innocent until proven guilty. And I have no idea how they can prove that it was him at the computer at the very moment when he clicked that download button.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Goodness, whenever my cats get on the computer all they've managed to do is add some funny letters to my posts or knock it out of standby mode! I'm impressed at a cat that is able to go online and download stuff, maybe he should have nuetered kitty before it got those ideas in it's head and it would have been on TCS instead.
OMG!


This kitty will appear in Saturday nigth Live!, he going to give a entreview!

post #7 of 16
When I catch my cats up on the computer I always joke that they're downloading 'kitty porn'. Maybe this cat just couldn't spell too well and put 'kiddy' into Google instead of 'kitty'.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogs View Post
When I catch my cats up on the computer I always joke that they're downloading 'kitty porn'. Maybe this cat just couldn't spell too well and put 'kiddy' into Google instead of 'kitty'.
haha! That's probably what happened..
post #9 of 16
....lol..
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogs View Post
When I catch my cats up on the computer I always joke that they're downloading 'kitty porn'. Maybe this cat just couldn't spell too well and put 'kiddy' into Google instead of 'kitty'.
Ow! I wasn't expecting that, and now there's rapidly cooling coffee on my lap! I think he just found his defense!
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogs View Post
When I catch my cats up on the computer I always joke that they're downloading 'kitty porn'. Maybe this cat just couldn't spell too well and put 'kiddy' into Google instead of 'kitty'.
Classic!
post #12 of 16
The really sad thing about all of this, is that they still have to prove it was the man that dl'd the material.

It may be a stupidly funny excuse, but still, the court system will have to prove that he actually hit the dl button.

Child porn is really nothing to laugh about, and I hope this guy is found guilty and given the maximum sentance possible.
post #13 of 16
snakelady i hope you're wrong about that proving business. i'm sure they'll try and "build a case" with other evidence and whatnot. his defense is beyond absurd, that's point #1 to build on
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1atsite View Post
snakelady i hope you're wrong about that proving business. i'm sure they'll try and "build a case" with other evidence and whatnot. his defense is beyond absurd, that's point #1 to build on

As another poster stated: innocent untill proven guilty.

I don't dispute that the "reason" is beyond absurd. All I'm saying is that they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this man did dl the material.

(my husband is an ISP and the company he works for has had to deal with cases involving child pornography)
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
As another poster stated: innocent untill proven guilty.
point taken. i apologize
post #16 of 16
I just have to add my two cents in here.

Yes he probably did download the child porn. Hell he even looks like a guy who would be into kiddy porn. I mean....You know? They all kind of have that creepy look to them.

It was lame of him to blame his cat...

But I am mostly posting as a warning to the users on here.

Many many people have been wrongly arrested for downloading objectionable material, simply because they have an unsecured wireless signal.

This allows any average joe to tap into your internet and do anything they want. If they download child pornography and they happen to be caught, that download will trace back to your router and you can be arrested for it.



edit - On a lighter note, I'd like to adopt that cat because clearly he is the smartest kitty that we've ever encountered and can probably learn more useful tricks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Man blames cat for downloading porn on PC