Question of the Day - August 7th - Friday

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where were you 20 years ago and what was going on in your life?

I really had to stop and think about this.... 20 years ago DH and I were on our way to Colorado Springs from Florida to his next duty station at Fort Carson. I was pregnant with our middle son but didn't know it just yet.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Where were you 20 years ago and what was going on in your life?

I really had to stop and think about this.... 20 years ago DH and I were on our way to Colorado Springs from Florida to his next duty station at Fort Carson. I was pregnant with our middle son but didn't know it just yet.
I was living and going to school in Antigua, Guatemala. I remember it well as it was during the Civil War.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20yrs ago, I was 12.

My mom was pregnant with my 5th sibling (he was born Dec. 5/89) and I was having alot of emotional difficulties. (depression, anger issues, etc. The "acting out" had started 2yrs prior) It was not a good time for me at all. In bout 6mos (Feb. 1990), I was out of my parents house and never went back (to live that is).

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20 years ago I was 20, I was partying nightly and working daily, dating a lot (I used to have several guys waiting in line for the chance).
I had income, and no bills, I was pretty carefree.
I was still living in Seattle, in a basement apartment at my parents'.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was a teen (20 years) I was finish the high school & think was choosing the career for study....

Any regrets, not,...
I just only maybe shold to take the vet Career...

This bring a smile to me today Eva!...
for the memmories!...
nice question!...

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
20 years...wow...I was 9 and we'd just moved 4 hours away from the area I'd grown up in because of Dad's work.

Since we'd moved into a rural area from the city, it was all still a big adventure for me, but I remember spending the first few nights in the new house with my younger brother camped out on my floor and a "booby-trap" in front of the door because the country has a heck of a lot of weird sounds at night and we didn't have furniture for his room yet.

This one's certainly bringing back the memories this morning.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twenty years ago I lived in another part of town and was just beginning my job as office manager where I use to work. My mother was living with me at that point.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was 10 going on 11 and probably camping in South Lake Tahoe with my grandparents. They took us (my sister and 2 of my cousins) camping every summer and some of their friends would join too.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let's see, I was living at my Mom's in Mesquite TX with my three daughters. Just coming out of an awful 5 month depression stemming from my closest friends unexpected suicide, which came on the heels of my treatment for malignant cancer.
Life was good again. I was doing electronic assembly at a great Mom & Pop plant, making jewelry and tie dyes and selling them at a little flea market. Getting ready to move out with my girls and no husband, on my own for the first time!
Thanks for the question, the memories gave me a pleasant break from todays harsh reality's.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Humm...
I was on high school, practicing Volleyball at least 6 hours/day everyday... Athlete from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed... Good times!
Dating, going out... no bills, no worries... Ai ai! I miss those wonderful times!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was getting ready for my senior year of college, working full-time at a drug store during the summer.

Originally Posted by cool cat

I was a teen (20 years) I was finish the high school & think was choosing the career for study....
Any regrets, not,... I just only maybe shold to take the vet Career...
Wow, you are really old, aren't you?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were living in Hot Springs, AR. Dottie was working at a Weyerhaueser plant in the accounting office. I was driving for a company hauling explosives.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were living in Ohio and I working in the bankruptcy trustee office and DH was working at Bell Labs.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was living at home, was working and going out alot
. Those were the days

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was in grammar school, so not too much excitement going on. Looking back, the part I miss most was naptime. Man, I wish adults had mandatory naptime

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

20 years ago I was only 1 and I have no idea where I was or what I was doing.
You were eating, sleeping, and not likely litter trained

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20 years ago is easy, since I'll be married 20 years this December. DH and I were dating and having a great time going to parties, camping, concerts, and loving life. We were plotting moving across country to start a new life together elsewhere, then got practical about it all and decided it was easier to get married first. So we pulled together a grand wedding ceremony with 250 of our closest family and friends, said our goodbyes, then drove out of town the next day. Only came back for visits.