In her own sad, silent, scary little world

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One wonders what life must be like for Ophelia, never knowing what she will find when she awakens, every time she falls asleep I can only imagine she feels helpless, defenseless.....

...so she finds whatever she can to take comfort. Like a kitten mitten

Crazy playin' kitty

...and completely relaxed, sleeping next to her best friend & savior - a member of my family...in her "safe zone" on her couch.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh... Ophelia Rose... So cute
... She looks so sweet too
!
Why do you think her world is so sad? Because she is deaf? She has you as a mommy... she can't be that sad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a very easily 'agitated to aggression' type of cat, partly due to being deaf. I mean, had I been the one behind the camera & startled her awake, she would've probably gone after me. But I'm the meanie who medicates her daily & takes her to the vet. Whereas "her" person only pets, plays with, and snuggles with her. The only cat she really relates to is Dory, and that's just because he takes incessant beatings from her.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Oh, Ophelia Rose, I feel your pain. Poor girl. She is lucky to have you, Nat.
indeed.

Nat, your last two posts are getting me incredibly sappy

The love you show for your animals is amazing.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

The love you show for your animals is amazing.
I agree...the way you empathize with your cats, in spite of thier challenges is really something.

That second pic is so cute - Ophelia looks like she's just challenging you to say something about her mitten.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can sympathize with your feeling about her. I know it breaks my heart knowing that Ella wakes up every day convinced that today's the day we're taking her back to the shelter. She's improved a lot, but she clearly has trouble trusting. After 3 years in cages, that's not too surprising.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia Rose - look how peaceful you are on your couch.

But Nat, I can't help feeling like the pictures with Ophelia should always have the "red eye" problem. It seems appropriate.

for loving her on her terms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You take 'em as they are & deal with 'em. If they have problems, you don't try to "fix" them to make them "purr-fect", but love them as they are. You accomdate their needs as best you can.

And at the end of the day, you love them, even if they sometimes don't love you!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww i love that girl

When I think about her life before you, thats when I feel sad for her, but she is safe now, even if she sometimes doesn feel it.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when cello gives me midnight operas and i want to lock him out on the balcony I just think of you and all your kittys, and give him hugs for his beautiful singing instead of throwing him out

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

You take 'em as they are & deal with 'em. If they have problems, you don't try to "fix" them to make them "purr-fect", but love them as they are. You accomdate their needs as best you can.

And at the end of the day, you love them, even if they sometimes don't love you!
Nat, this is actually a pretty solid mantra for love in general. Good on you for knowing it at a young age instead of having to learn it later down the road. I said it before, but I'll say it again: Your cats are blessed to have found you.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ophelia Rose is a beautiful cat no matter what her physical problems are. She looks very content in her world. She makes me miss my white babies so much.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

She is a beauty.

You have no idea how much I wish there were more people like you in the world. We have several long term residents at our shelter that need someone who understands them.