Is anyone planning to see

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw previews for it the other day.

It looks good, but its one I will wait till it comes out on video before I see it.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't go to movies anymore. I will watch it on Demand when it comes around or rent it from Blockbuster, I'm in no hurry.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! I am going this weekend.

I am so happy a movie is out that is not a love story or an action flick!
I happen to adore Meryl Streep (I want to be her when I grow up
) and Amy Adams looks well suited to the part. I am intrigued by the two stories being told side by side.

I used to watch Julia's show on PBS growing up and loved it when she would finish cooking, take off her apron and serve the meal in the very 70's "dining room".
I was fascinated by her.

Was this movie a book? I know the woman had a blog but I was not sure if it had been turned into a book. I'll have to google that.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I most likely won't get to see it for awhile yet but it is most definitely on my must see list. It looks like it will be a very funny movie, I love Merle Streep I think she'll make a wonderful Julia Child's.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can't go to it on opening night, but definitely must see! Julia Child is who totally inspired me as I learned to cook. She was sooooo funny and down earth. My mom has a cookbook signed by Julia, how cool is that? I got to see Julie on Martha Stewart when her book came out. Really cool lady. Should be a good movie.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

I don't go to movies anymore. I will watch it on Demand when it comes around or rent it from Blockbuster, I'm in no hurry.
Ditto. I find the seats in movie theaters to be very uncomfortable. Not to mention I usually pick a prime seat with a good view only to have someone tall sitting in front of me and blocking my view. Either that or someone in my row keeps insisting on getting up and making me move to let them by. And the best part...those that sit behind and talk! Talk! Talk! Viewing it in my own home at my leisure is the best!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Absolutely! I am going this weekend.

I am so happy a movie is out that is not a love story or an action flick!
I happen to adore Meryl Streep (I want to be her when I grow up
) and Amy Adams looks well suited to the part. I am intrigued by the two stories being told side by side.

I used to watch Julia's show on PBS growing up and loved it when she would finish cooking, take off her apron and serve the meal in the very 70's "dining room".
I was fascinated by her.

Was this movie a book? I know the woman had a blog but I was not sure if it had been turned into a book. I'll have to google that.
Yes, it was a book. I read it and it is very good. If you want to know more about Julia Child, her book, "My Life in France," is a good companion to this book.

Our daughter is visiting her former roommates in Boston this weekend, so I am waiting for her to come home to see it. Actually, I may wait for 2 weeks because then the discount movie tickets I get from my health club will be good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just came back from seeing JULIE/JULIA. Loved it! Meryl has Julia's voice down to a tee. Amy does a very good job as Julie. And there's a cute cat in it too.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it on saturday also.
It was packed! Lots of gray heads.
It was absolutely delightful!
I would go see it again with someone in a heartbeat. Everyone in the movie was spot on. They moved between the two stories very well also. I am looking forward to reading the books because I want to know what i've missed, they can't fit it all in the movie.

So refreshing to see a movie that is so well done.

Don't you just love Meryl?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend had tickets and went to a premiere for it before it opened to the rest of the public and she said it was amazing!

I definitely want to see it! I love to cook and grew up watching old Julia Child re-runs with my mom when I was little, so I think I'd enjoy this one!
It looks cute!