Goodbye Baby Teeth!

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of my new kittens are starting to loose their baby teeth. Sasha was licking her mouth in a funny way and when I lowered her jaw i saw one fang just dangling on. I couldn't pull it as it seemed to still be slightly attached so I figured she would either swallow it or it would fall off. Then Harley started to gnaw on some paper, and when I pulled it away it had blood on it. Checked his mouth, sure enough, his other bottom fang had fallen out. My babies are growing up!

They seem to be fine but aren't interested in the teething toys or frozen washcloth. Both of them seem to want paper towels or scraps of paper folded in half. Any harm in letting them gnaw on that?

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DragulescuGirl

...They seem to be fine but aren't interested in the teething toys or frozen washcloth. Both of them seem to want paper towels or scraps of paper folded in half. Any harm in letting them gnaw on that?
I would not want to have present the potential for any of mine ingesting anything other than their food

bfish29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went thru this with Oliver back in March. I found teething toys for children, and he loved those. He had one of the rings with the little "bumps" on it, and his favorite was a little rubber hippo. You can actually see it at CJ's feet in his picture below. They DO grow up fast!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven't tried bendy straws, I have a few of them in a drawer so I might attempt that. I bought this rope thing that's flavored (especially since it looked like a Q-Tip which they are addicted to playing with - how they get them, idk, they get them though) but they sort of just look at it and walk away.

Luckily not going after wires since the fist two weeks.