Stale Catnip

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought some catnip on sale last week, well it's now pretty obvious why it went on sale - it's completely stale! (no smell at all). All the cats are completely ignoring it. Anyone have a neat little trick to perk it up? Or compost time?

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to have the same problem. You could try misting it ?( like you do with plants ?) Or you could try growing your own ? Thats what i do now, it's really easy. Tabitha can now eat a whole leaf or two ! and i can also pick some to dry out myself. And better still you can't get fresher!! They shouldn't of sold it if it was out of date in my book!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually tried to grow catnip last year and went through an entire package of seeds and couldn't get a single plant :p. Catnip is really a winter sort of plant-project for me & I'll try again once my outdoor garden goes under snow.

No they shouldn't have sold it, but it was Canadian Tire, whatcha going to do?

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

I actually tried to grow catnip last year and went through an entire package of seeds and couldn't get a single plant :p. Catnip is really a winter sort of plant-project for me & I'll try again once my outdoor garden goes under snow.

No they shouldn't have sold it, but it was Canadian Tire, whatcha going to do?
You could try using special compost for seeding, thats what i use, just a thought