You never can tell who might be a cat lover!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early Sunday morning I picked up a young man that could have been the poster child for thugs r us. Gold grill, braids, wife beater, baggy jeans, reeking of beer and weed, extremely hung over. He very politely asked me to drive through Burger King so he could get he and his buddy some breakfast. Apparently they have Burger King every Sunday morning. He was later than usual, and very worried that his buddy was hungry. When we arrived at his home, a huge red tabby polydactyl cat came running up to the cab. This young man broke into a huge grin, and happily exclaimed "there's my buddy!" While he was paying me, he said that he had to install a cat door because Buddy was so smart he had figured out how to use those big paws to open the door. He had opened the cab door and his cat was inside, all over him. He hugged Buddy and carried him inside in his arms, getting kitty loves and headbutts all the way. That was so sweet, it just made my day. Goes to show you never can tell!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It took me a moment to realize you are apparently a cab driver. I was gonna lecture you about picking up hitchhikers...

iheartstrays

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was concerned about hitch-hikers too. Cab driver makes MUCH more sense.

This reminds me of my uncle, who is one tough cookie. A former Marine, avid hunter and total "man's man", I never really thought I had much in common with him. Last month, I heard a story that just made my heart melt for the old hard-you-know-what.

Apparently, he's got a soft spot for babies. Having come across a small black kitten, he took pity on it, and brought it home. He told my aunt he only did it because it was starving, so he had to feed it. Then he told her it was just SO dirty, he had to give it a bath. Later that week, he approached my aunt:

"So, are we keepin' this thing, or what?" "I'm not sure...do you want to?", my aunt replied. "Well, I already took him to the vet, so I guess we might as well."

The whole family was over to visit last weekend and I ribbed him about it. He of course told me that "If it hadn't been starvin', I never woulda brought that thing home!". This was before he closed the kitten in his bedroom because he "didn't want them kids touchin' all over it".

He's really a softie, but shhh...I told him it was our little secret.

They have another black cat they rescued and he loved to tell my aunt all about the antics of "little cat" and "big cat" while she was in the hospital earlier last month.