Question Of The Day - Wednesday, August 5th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! It's yet another gloomy, rainy day! Where is summer?

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

Where do you eat the majority of your meals? At at table, in a chair? At your desk or in your office? In your car? A restaurant or cafeteria?

At home, I eat most of my meals at my computer desk. At work, I eat at a table in the lounge. I rarely eat at my kitchen table (only when I make dinner and have my folks over, really!) I rarely eat in my car....too messy, and I don't multi-task that well!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat most of my meals in my cab. If I am away from my radio, I may miss a call for a lucrative trip. Since I am in it 12 hours a day, I do most of my eating, watching movies and reading there.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat most of my meals at the kitchen counter, the table has my computer and printer on it

^tanya^

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mostly I/we eat in the living room when we are home. Never in the vehicles really. If we eat while on the road we get out and eat inside wherever we go.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At home - table or living room floor parked in front of the TV (only if my boyfriend and I are into watching something on).

At work - at my desk. Sort of a bad habit but I'd rather work through lunch sometimes in order to leave at 4pm or just surf the internet rather than sit at a small table in the back and have to watch whatever is on tv.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I eat breakfast and dinner in front of the computer most days. Lunch is snacks eaten on the go.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast at the computer, lunch wherever I go on break and dinner in the living room on a tv tray. We don't have an actual table at home.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have supper at the table most times. Kids eat at the table for most meals...hubby eats at the table for most meals.... I eat wherever LOL (except supper)

We always eat supper as a family at the table.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At home I eat at the kitchen table, if I go to a movie with a friend of mine we eat in her car at SONIC'S, only if there is something I really want to see do I eat in front of the TV.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner we usually eat in front of the tv while DH is on his laptop (yeah, real homey
). We DO have a table but that is only used for company or for the cats to lounge on.

For lunch, I rarely eat it...normally I snack through work and try to bring healthy things (trail mix, carrot sticks, etc) but trying to heat something up for lunch is a pain...we have 300 employees (lunches are staggered thank god!) but only 2 microwaves so I waste most of my 30 minute lunch standing in line to get my 60 sec nuke.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my meals are eaten at the table in the dining room, either alone or with family.

At work I sit in the canteen or if it's nice outside I will go and sit in the park just behind the hospital site.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually eat my meals either at the computer desk or the table. At work, I eat in the backroom sitting on a chair with my food on top of the microwave.
We don't have a table at work.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner is always at a table -- which one depends on the day, the company, the weather. In summer we eat outside a lot, and move the table between the back porch and the lawn, to get the most comfortable spot. Otherwise, it's the kitchen table unless there are more people than it seats comfortably or it's a special dinner, in which case it's the diningroom table.

Breakfast, when we have it together at home, is as dinner. On work days, DH eats at the kitchen table, I eat at my desk in the office.

Lunch only happens on workdays and is usually according to the same pattern as breakfast.

Lunch and dinner are sometimes in restaurants, but that's not the norm.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At home I eat dinner most nights in front of the TV - this is a habit I need to get out of because I for sure overeat sometimes because I am distracted by the television! During the day, I either eat as I walk around, or in our lounge room at the other end of the hall from my lab

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually don't eat breakfast, but when I do, it, along with lunch, are eaten at my desk at work. Dinner is eaten on the couch while watching TV and very occasionally at my computer desk. I find it easier to eat while doing something that my hands are not required for

It's weird that I eat in the living room as growing up, we ate dinner at the table, there was no regular meals eaten in the living room, this was not negotiable
and when i eat at my parents', we eat at the table
but it's kinda lonely to eat at a table by yourself, the TV is my dining partner

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
If it's just DH and I, we usually eat in the living room on the couch. The exception is breakfast, which is at the counter or the dinette table in the kitchen on work days. Maybe 1/4 of the time (almost all of the time we have company) we eat in the dining room, though.

We keep trying to get into the dining room thing, but it doesn't always work.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Breakfast and dinner are almost always at the table as a family, once in a while when it's hot we eat closer to the cooler on the couch. Lunch is pretty much where ever you happen to be. It's nice to sit down as a family and spend time talking and laughing together. Nice bonding.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Where do you eat the majority of your meals? At at table, in a chair? At your desk or in your office? In your car? A restaurant or cafeteria?
The majority of my meals are eaten in front of a computer or a TV.I only ever eat dinner at a table if I'm out or need to go somewhere directly after eating and don't want to be distracted by TV. Lunch is normally eaten at the cafeteria on my campus.

I only eat in my car if I've stopped at a bakery!