Tom

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went away for some me time, I spent Sun till Friday in a motel.....and I met Tom.

I noticed right off that his ear was tipped, so I went and asked the older couple that runs the motel about him. They have a few "motel strays" that they have TNR. Tom is one of them.

The closest he'd let me get is about 4ft. If he was outside my window and I opened my door, he bolted.

He looked pretty good.

Sometimes his eyes looked yellow, sometimes they looked green. This next batch of pics was outside under/by a truck.

Now if this isn't the expression of pure bliss, I don't know what is:

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya know, some cats just wouldn't be happy living inside. This cat looks very contented in life, and that couple has obviously seen to it that he is taken care of. So glad you got to meet him on your getaway, he's very handsome and looks much like my Ginger.

Leslie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is a gorgeous guy and clearly well cared for!
I love his eyes - it looks like they're greenish inside and yellow outside, so maybe that's why they sometimes look green and somtimes look yellow. Tuxie's eyes are like that.

And yes - that is a look of pure contentment!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The second to the last is my absolute fave!

And that last one is just... So cute!!
He's got a huge kitty grin on his face. I think even though he wouldn't let you come closer than a few feet away, he was still enjoying all the attention you were giving to him!

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
beautiful fellow. you take great shots-- i love the last one...it's like he's got a secret that he's content to keep to himself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

Ya know, some cats just wouldn't be happy living inside. This cat looks very contented in life, and that couple has obviously seen to it that he is taken care of. So glad you got to meet him on your getaway, he's very handsome and looks much like my Ginger.

Leslie
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Tom is a handsome fella. He does look happy
Originally Posted by mismaris777

He's a handsome little fella- looks like a skinny version of Mia
. He seems very content with his life, happy little dude.
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Tom is stunning! And he looks sooo happy. What a great thing for that couple to do!
Indeed to all the above. He did seem very happy, and I think I could have earned his trust if I had been there longer. It took 2 days for me to be able to approach him without him darting off.

I wonder if some motel guests were not fond of cats so they yelled at him, which made him hesitant.... I don't know. But my first run in with him, he ran off as soon as I took a step towards him.... then I'd find him outside my room... then he peeked in the window (I had the curtains open and was sitting in the room typing away and there he was, peeking in) and it progressed from there.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

How cool - a hotel that TNR's the feral cats!! I would support a hotel like that.

Tom is very handsome indeed!!
They have 3
It's an older couple that owns the motel, a couple of their adult kids work there as well. The older couple, and the one son are awesome people.

The motel isn't high class or anything, but its not "undesirable" either. The rooms have a minimum (bed, dresser, washroom, desk and chair...some rooms have a fridge, some have a microwave...). It's a family type setting.

I was very pleased to hear that Tom's ear was nipped because he was neutered and that it wasn't just a case of a cat fight injury

Originally Posted by LDG

He is a gorgeous guy and clearly well cared for!
I love his eyes - it looks like they're greenish inside and yellow outside, so maybe that's why they sometimes look green and somtimes look yellow. Tuxie's eyes are like that.

And yes - that is a look of pure contentment!
I didn't notice it till I posted the pics, about his eyes..... I too love his eyes... They are so captivating.

Originally Posted by Nekomania

The second to the last is my absolute fave!

And that last one is just... So cute!!
He's got a huge kitty grin on his face. I think even though he wouldn't let you come closer than a few feet away, he was still enjoying all the attention you were giving to him!
I hope so. For a couple of the shots, I was crouched down and lost balance. He never even moved.
I was very happy to have had the privledge of meeting him. The only thing that would have been better, would have been to stroke his fur, which looked wonderful.

Originally Posted by Esme

beautiful fellow. you take great shots-- i love the last one...it's like he's got a secret that he's content to keep to himself!
Thank you

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thing to encounter on a mini vacation!! I agree that the photos were very well shot. You had a good looking subject too.
I like the name Tom also, it seems to suit him.

I think you would have gained his trust also before long. He looked as curious about you as you were of him.