Finally got some me time :) Pics...

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a botched attempt to get away a couple weeks ago and get some me time that I've been so desperate for, I was finally able to do so last week.

I didn't go anywhere special, but I was able to get out of the house, have some time away from my kids (whom I love dearly but anyone with kids will tell ya, you do need a break from them from time to time), have some alone time, and get some time with my hubby

I ended up going with hubby to Windsor where he has been spending M-F since Nov. for work. We ended up going up on Sunday.

I took some pics on the way up..... not the greatest of pics as they were from a moving vehicle (and no I wasn't driving LMAO)

I was trying to get pics of the wind turbines...... they are huge, even from miles away.

This next pic is my fav.

It is a lovely drive indeed. We almost had an accident though, there was a HUGE piece of steel sitting in the middle of the lane we were in, luckily I saw it first and there was noone next to us so we were able to move over. We called 911 to report it..... someone could have been really hurt.

Got there all in one piece, hubby upgraded his normal room for me, and we relaxed, then called to check in on the homefront. All was well, and my kids think I'm overprotective LOL.

Didn't do a whole lot..... did alot of soul searching, relaxing, and even did some work with hubby. ( it's a lot different to 'work' when you know you don't have to ) Went to the mall a couple times, and I think it was Tues that I ended up flaring my back injury/pinching a nerve..... that was no fun... It eased on Thurs.

I met a new friend.....

I was talking on msn to my daughter and saw something out of the corner of my eye.

Sorry it's dark, the first time, when I went to use the flash, he took off running and it's shot through the screen on the motel room.

I will post some more shots of "Tom" in the fur pics.... I got some pretty good shots of him. He'd let me come about 4 feet from him

And that was the highlight of my trip. We came back on Wed. to check on things at the homefront, so it was 4hrs of driving that evening.

Came home on Friday feeling refreshed, and emotionally well
And of course, Sat. was catch up day around here, enjoyed some quality time with my kids whom I value alot more now. Kendra left for cadet camp on Sunday, and as she said: "Now it's my turn for my break".

I'm feeling a whole lot more positive about life in general, which is great because I was getting pretty down. One thing after another, just left me testy, grumpy, and not the mom nor wife I want to be. Now I am.

It is such a peaceful feeling.

ETA: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...14#post2691514 This is Tom's post.... some really good (IMO) pics.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's nice to hear that you got some time to yourself and you enjoyed it. Those pics are pretty great considering they were taken from a moving vehicle
. That picture of the cat peeking up from the door is dang cute. Too bad you couldn't take it home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Glad you were able to get a away for a few days. It does the body and soul good.
Indeed it does. I feel great emotionally
Physically right now is a different story.... but nonetheless.

Originally Posted by mismaris777

It's nice to hear that you got some time to yourself and you enjoyed it. Those pics are pretty great considering they were taken from a moving vehicle
. That picture of the cat peeking up from the door is dang cute. Too bad you couldn't take it home
Thanks
I'm going to post more about Tom in the fur pics.... If you notice his tipped ear? He technically belongs to the older couple that own/manage the motel.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you were finally able to get some me time.

It does have a way of making you feel a whole lot better have a little time for R&R.

And of course the kitties pictures are adorable.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you got away! You sound so much better!

.... I love the pic of "Tom" peeking up through the window! We stayed at a place that had a TNR program - it was really cool. A lot of the kitties were polydactls, and because they were around people so much, they were real friendly too. What a cutie!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! You ought to come down to Palm Springs, California. There are several resorts there (a clothes optional one too!), an aerial tram that takes you up a mountain, and a million billion of those windmills.

Tom is a cutie. Looks like you were in good company.

Glad to read that your morale was improved by your time away. Everybody needs some alone time.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Good for you! You ought to come down to Palm Springs, California. There are several resorts there (a clothes optional one too!), an aerial tram that takes you up a mountain, and a million billion of those windmills.

Tom is a cutie. Looks like you were in good company.

Glad to read that your morale was improved by your time away. Everybody needs some alone time.
I would LOVE to...... I haven't been many places at all
California is definately on my list of places to go, when I have the money to do it.

Ya know, I've never actually seen real mountains. That would be amazing.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

California is definately on my list of places to go, when I have the money to do it.

I was in the London/Windsor area a few years ago, and my first reaction was "OMG, this is flat!"
I live in the mountains and it's so weird to me to NOT see mountains on the horizon. I felt so vunerable. Of course, I had a friend come down from Michigan and driving on the mountains just terrified him, so it's all perspective. But you're more than welcome to come down and visit my little house on the top of a mountain (the view is awesome!)

I'm so happy you had a chance to get away and regroup Chris. I know the last few months have been tough on you and you needed this!

Tom looks like such a cutie!
I swear, how do they always find us?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I was in the London/Windsor area a few years ago, and my first reaction was "OMG, this is flat!"
I live in the mountains and it's so weird to me to NOT see mountains on the horizon. I felt so vunerable. Of course, I had a friend come down from Michigan and driving on the mountains just terrified him, so it's all perspective. But you're more than welcome to come down and visit my little house on the top of a mountain (the view is awesome!)

I'm so happy you had a chance to get away and regroup Chris. I know the last few months have been tough on you and you needed this!

Tom looks like such a cutie!
I swear, how do they always find us?
LOL..... Yah, it is quite flat around here... Owen Sound has some gully's n' such.... but for the most part, it is indeed flat.

I don't know bout driving on the mountains, but I would love to see them sometime.... (guess I need to work on getting that passport eh.) The view sounds spectacular at your place

And you are right, I really, really needed to get away. I feel so much better inside now

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't know bout driving on the mountains, but I would love to see them sometime.... (guess I need to work on getting that passport eh.) The view sounds spectacular at your place
Tell you what..I'll drive and all you need to do is sit on the porch and watch the sunset and play with the barn kitties while drinking a beer. How's that?
(Idea for your next get away...but, yeah, you do need that darned passport.)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tell you what..I'll drive and all you need to do is sit on the porch and watch the sunset and play with the barn kitties while drinking a beer. How's that?
(Idea for your next get away...but, yeah, you do need that darned passport.)
Works for me
('cept we'll substitute a vodka drink for the beer LOL). Sounds awesome actually

Hmmmmm, I can still drive over, I just can't fly..... wonder how many hours drive it would be LOL.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Works for me
('cept we'll substitute a vodka drink for the beer LOL). Sounds awesome actually

Hmmmmm, I can still drive over, I just can't fly..... wonder how many hours drive it would be LOL.
Hmmm...when I was looking up at driving to London, it was about 9 hours (not including traffic). Vodka is perfectly acceptable in my house.
One condition...you have to take one the the kittens home as a party favor! (still trying to find homes for them).

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm...when I was looking up at driving to London, it was about 9 hours (not including traffic). Vodka is perfectly acceptable in my house.
One condition...you have to take one the the kittens home as a party favor! (still trying to find homes for them).
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there would be an issue with bring a kitty across the border without paperwork?

(you need to clear out your pm's LOL)

Only 9hrs? Hmmmmm. I'm actually contemplating a 9hr trip to NJ sometime in the near future.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there would be an issue with bring a kitty across the border without paperwork?

(you need to clear out your pm's LOL)

Only 9hrs? Hmmmmm. I'm actually contemplating a 9hr trip to NJ sometime in the near future.
LOL, yeah, i did clear them out...didn't realize it was at 50. Oh, come on, you don't think a big eyed kitten couldn't blink and purrr and get through the boarder? Those guards are big softies!

If you go to NJ and come to us, you would basically be doing a triangle since NJ is about 4-5 hour from where we live. Just to give you a reference.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me time is a very good thing, glad you got some!

Nice pics too. I'll be seeing some big wind farms on our way up to Santa Rosa in Sonoma County (northern cali) next week.. and lots of orchards and farms and orchards and farms.......

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Me time is a very good thing, glad you got some!

Nice pics too. I'll be seeing some big wind farms on our way up to Santa Rosa in Sonoma County (northern cali) next week.. and lots of orchards and farms and orchards and farms.......
Wind farms are still a fairly "new" thing for us....I believe its just been within the last 5yrs or so...

(they are new to me.... last time I saw one was driving down the highway, a tractor trailer with a prop on it)

Hope you have a good trip too

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

You have to come to my part of Cali! I live nestled between Mount Shasta, Mount Lassen and the coastal range of mountains, early spring is best here, the air is clear and the mountains are still covered in snow...GORGEOUS!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

You have to come to my part of Cali! I live nestled between Mount Shasta, Mount Lassen and the coastal range of mountains, early spring is best here, the air is clear and the mountains are still covered in snow...GORGEOUS!!

Sounds amazing....

Not that I don't love where I live, but the world holds so much beauty that I would love to explore....

maybe my next trip, my girls will come with me