TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › How far is too far for vengenance (for jilted lovers)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How far is too far for vengenance (for jilted lovers)? - Page 2

post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
Yes....maybe they're worried that women will become empowered and start doing things to men that have been done for centuries to women: stoning to death for adultery.....assaulted with foreign objects....humiliated...
I think that the reason that this story is so sensational is because it's so out of the norm. Yes, the women are being prosecuted....but has anyone seen the ABC investigations on the public's reaction to women being abused & a young girl begging for help from being forced into a polygamous marriage (the scenes were staged, but the public didn't know that). The majority of people just watched and didn't help. Where's the hoopla and outcry about that
....And, CBKLV, I get the tongue-in-cheek humor in your posts It's been a long day and your witty responses are refreshing to read
I'm confused as to how this equates to polygamy. I also don't think women are stoned to death for adultery in this century. What has happened to some other women still does not justify what these women did to this man. He was wrong to cheat on his wife and girlfriends but he should not be held accountable for young girls begging for help or women being stoned some many decades ago. No comparison IMO. Their actions were unacceptable and they should be held accountable for their poor judgement.
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
I'm confused as to how this equates to polygamy. I also don't think women are stoned to death for adultery in this century. What has happened to some other women still does not justify what these women did to this man. He was wrong to cheat on his wife and girlfriends but he should not be held accountable for young girls begging for help or women being stoned some many decades ago. No comparison IMO. Their actions were unacceptable and they should be held accountable for their poor judgement.
Even if it did equate:

There is no question that men have done some horrible things to women throughout history, and that various injustices continue to happen to women in all cultures (rape, sexual abuse, stoning, physical assault, etc). However, the way to stop these things from happening is not to "get even" by turning the tables on men. Going back to the old adage that I was taught when I was young, "two rights don't make a wrong." Although it might give some sort of short-term satisfaction that these type of men are "reaping what they sow" (yeah, I thought this story was funny when I first heard it), but over the long-term, it does nothing but foster an acceptance of inappropriate behaviour. The solution for rape is not to start raping men. The solution to physical violence is not for wives to start beating their husbands (or getting someone to do it). The solution to sexual abuse is not to abuse the abusers. The long-term solution is to educate, prosecute, and develop solutions to these problems.
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I still think it is funny. I am such a heathen.


'nuff said

ETA: just because I find the thought of their actions to be amusing, does not mean I agree with it at all.
post #34 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post


'nuff said

ETA: just because I find the thought of their actions to be amusing, does not mean I agree with it at all.
same here!!! But they ARE being prosecuted so the justice system will be dealing with it...IMO, they should've just listed him on "Don'tDateHimGirl.com".
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I still think it is funny. I am such a heathen.
Cindy, I would be appalled if I read that 4 men had crazy glued a woman's vagina closed because she cheated on her husband so I honestly cannot find any humour in this at all.
post #36 of 39
Did you hear this guy has been arrested for child abuse and theft? He beat his daughter and stole his wife's father's ashes.
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2 View Post
Did you hear this guy has been arrested for child abuse and theft? He beat his daughter and stole his wife's father's ashes.
Makes the story more crazy (whoever said these people belong on Jerry Springer was correct in their assessment), but does not make the behaviour of these women any more acceptable. Actually, I think it makes it even more deplorable because if he had done those things, the wife (and daughter) should have been long gone from that man, not sticking around until she found out he was cheating.

The man sounds like scum, but the women don't really seem all that better in my eyes.

LOL to whoever said they should be glued together.
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2 View Post
Did you hear this guy has been arrested for child abuse and theft? He beat his daughter and stole his wife's father's ashes.
And your point is???? Let the justice system deal with this. The woman in this story are more dumb than this guy. If I found out my wife had been cheating on me, I would dump her and go on with my life. I wouldn't be some pathetic loser like these woman and do something stupid. The fact remains, if this story was reversed, 99.99% of the woman here would be crying out to hang the men that did it. However now, it is funny. How many of you have also seen the stories where a female teacher has been accused of having sex with a underage male student. The reaction always seems to be more like, aww come on, I bet the boy led her on or enjoyed it. But when it's the other way around, the reaction is totally different.
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat View Post
The fact remains, if this story was reversed, 99.99% of the woman here would be crying out to hang the men that did it. However now, it is funny. How many of you have also seen the stories where a female teacher has been accused of having sex with a underage male student. The reaction always seems to be more like, aww come on, I bet the boy led her on or enjoyed it. But when it's the other way around, the reaction is totally different.
You know John, I will have to reverse my comments previously posted because I completely agree with you.

I've met many abused men, too scared to speak of their abuse because of the stigma's attached. (men have to be men, type of deal)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › How far is too far for vengenance (for jilted lovers)?