Big party this weekend

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what am I forgetting????

What is it that you always forget when you set up for a party, or what do you always for get to put out, or get or.....

Its my first really big part (40ppl comming to MY house, lol)

Any advice would be great

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Plastic dishes?...Paper napkins?...Ice cubes?...
got the dishes, napkins and ice are on the list (i forgot about both till a few hours ago, lol)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

got the dishes, napkins and ice are on the list (i forgot about both till a few hours ago, lol)
Just wondering if you´re celebrating something in special? OR Just because you´re want the reunion at your home...
( I MEAN ) in order of this maybe can we think what you´re forgeting my friend...

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just wondering if you´re celebrating something in special? OR Just because you´re want the reunion at your home...
( I MEAN ) in order of this maybe can we think what you´re forgeting my friend...
OH! I'm getting my Masters degree!!! It's my graduation party!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about a little spech my friend?...

I mean, When I participate in my Party of Graduation,..(I´m accountand) nobody say´s nohing!..
I mean nobody got the Idea to do it,...
now I have see some colleagues of my generation and some plans to make a reunion with the classmates, BUT in chat with they, told me that a GOOD SPEACH would to be great the firts time, AS WELL you got the opportunity!...

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How about a little spech my friend?...

I mean, When I participate in my Party of Graduation,..(I´m accountand) nobody say´s nohing!..
I mean nobody got the Idea to do it,...
now I have see some colleagues of my generation and some plans to make a reunion with the classmates, BUT in chat with they, told me that a GOOD SPEACH would to be great the firts time, AS WELL you got the opportunity!...
I'll think about that, thanks!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it's your graduation party don't forget to include a nice guestbook and a box for people to put cards in.

Afterwards, you should send thank you cards to anyone who got you anything.

Be sure to have plenty of apptetizers and snack foods set out too, 40 guests is a lot of hungry mouths to feed!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Napkins

Drink coasters

Ice

Glasses (allow 2 per person)

Juices, water, diet and non-diet colas, tea, coffee

Champagne/wine/spirits/beer provided the attendees are old enough to drink

A bowl to collect car keys in if you are serving alcohol. Also a phone number for a taxi company near the phone for those who are too drunk to drive.

Nibblies such as chips and dip, veggie platter, cheese/crackers, pickles, a fruit plate, buns and cold cuts.

Music

Party games and prizes

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make a detailed list.

Remember extra toilet paper and a handy 1st aid kit. If you are going to be outside remember sunscreen and mosquito spray. Will there be little children?? Inexpensive toys for them depending on age.

A camera of course!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I make a detailed list.

Remember extra toilet paper and a handy 1st aid kit. If you are going to be outside remember sunscreen and mosquito spray. Will there be little children?? Inexpensive toys for them depending on age.

A camera of course!
Lists are wonderful.

On the camera idea, I've bought disposable cameras before for guests to take random pics

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My lists are detailed, I have one for what I need to buy, what I need to do the day before, and what I need to do the day of!

So far I have what everyone has suggested... so I'm doing good, lol my mom will be here to help me late tomorrow night so that will help make me a bit calmer

Thanks everyone!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the idea of supplying a few cameras with a note attached saying take some pictures for me. You get a lot of pictures you wouldnt think to take. I know I plan on doing that for my wedding! (no if only the beau would hurry and pop the question
)

Do you have an area where you plan on doing a buffet style table? If so the best thing ever is a cheap throwaway table cloth! People can be messy! It helps so much with clean up!
Plastic silverware is great!
Have you included any decorations?
Serving items (spoons knifes etc.)
Do you plan on having a cake or cookies or anything decorated?
items to clean up any small messes that can happen
music!

DRINK MARKERS!!! Especially where there are nonalcoholic and alcoholic drinks involved!They can range from different ribbons to go around the bases to store bought to (what I always do) provide a wide color range of sharpies and tell guest to get creative! Plus then they can just write their names and it makes life grand!!

I second the card box/book. You could just include a bunch on blank cards for people to write on as they come in.

Now the question is do you want some goofy items at this party just to mix it up some?
Here are some fun ideas:
Make one of those scenes where people put their faces in to take pictures. Just get a big piece of cardboard or even cloth and paint something cartoony and goofy on it.
Pin the hat on the graduate and other goofy games
Maybe a make your own sundae bar? Those are always a blast!

What can I say I like goofy parties! And also I am a huge fan of themed parties!

I have a lot of great snack foods and punch recipes if you want them please just PM me! I love serving punch because its easy to spike for those that want and if not its just tasty plain! Also a chocolate Chip Cheeseball is a must at my parties... like people threaten to not show up if there isnt one...

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Also a chocolate Chip Cheeseball is a must at my parties... like people threaten to not show up if there isnt one...
um... whats a chocolate chip cheeseball

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Take the furniture out and anything that's breakable
my house is very small, its already outside, lol