Rest in fields of CatNip my little fosters!!!

skyeandtigger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry this is so long I just started typing and it came flowing out!!!

my 3 ~1 week old foster passed away this weekend.

I decided Thursday to help a woman out with 3 orphaned kittens she had. I didn't get a chance to speak to her on the phone until Friday evening everything had been through email up to that point, when I spoke to her on the phone she said 1 didn't look good and she didn't think it would make it through the night. I told her I would be there ASAP I picked them up at 10pm (i got lost) and by 11pm after doing everything I could think of the little one passed.

I went through all that night and all day and night Saturday with 2 thriving kittens until 3am Sunday morning when I noticed they hadn't ate even close to the same amount as the last feeding. I chaulked it up to being full from finally being on a schedule and rewarmed their sock warmers and called it a night. I woke up at 6:45 to prepare their next meal and thats when my day turned horribly tragic! They wouldn't eat at all I grabbed the Karo syrup and it didn't help. I got out the pedialyte and nothing!!! I tried so many different things and nothing helped. I called the only Vet open on a Sunday in the middle of a nasty thunder storm/tornado watch which was an hour away and they told me to keep them home and make them comfortable that there could be any number of things wrong all of which would cost in the hundreds for testing to almost guaranteed have to pay for them to be euthanized! I nearly fell to the floor at that point I had cried my eyes out all day prayed to anyone willing to answers my prayers and less than a half hour later they both stopped breathing what seemed almost at the same time as i knelt over them in their box petting their backs so they knew they weren't alone!!

My 8 year old daughter had been crying all day and asking questions in which I had no answers to and I had even let her hold each one and say her good byes before they passed. I have never seen her so crushed in her life!!! I asked my husband to take the children out somewhere and I cried for over an hour hysterically then carefully wrapped them. I took them to my moms house to be buried next to their little sister as I feared if I did it at my house my dogs may dig them up. I found the perfect place when I had buried Little One Friday. Right under a tree which had baby birds chirping away!!!

I never knew such little creatures that had been in my house less than 48 hours could have stolen so much love from my heart!!! I cried as if they had been my babies for years and years! I appreciate all the help and support I have got coming to this forum you all helped me before they came to my all the way up until now! This is the only place I can vent my grief and people understand. I have to be careful how I grieve here at home I have 4 children 2 of which are old enough to understand and I don't want them to hurt more because they see me hurting!! As I type this my 8 year old just came out of bed and asked me if it is fun to die? All I could well no it's not fun to die but where you end up is a great place to be. She said will the kittens be there? I said Of course they will be waiting for you to come play with them.

To top it all off this week tomorrow is a year to the day my 13 year old English Springer Spaniel passed away and Thursday is my birthday! What a wonderful birthday yet again.

Wait for me on that beautiful Rainbow Bridge LIttle one,Tiko and Brownie!!! I love you guys so much!!!

say HI to Jagger for me!! He will take great care of you 3!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I said in the other thread,

Sleep peacefully at the Bridge, little ones. Eat well, play joyfully, and love and be loved by those who have gone before you and who will show you the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyeandtigger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you for your kind words!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever visited www.petloss.com? It can be very comforting. I have several poems there, too. I'm feeling like I need to write another one...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the kittens.
I have had kittens die that young when I had thought they would be ok.
That petloss site is good and they do a candle lighting on mondays.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry...

Rest peacefully, little ones.

At least they had a chance to experience your love in thier short lives. I'm sure that meant the world to them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. At least they were warm, fed, and loved in their short lives, though at this point it must be awfully difficult to explain the cruelties of life to your kids (and yourself). RIP, little babies.

matthewh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
im really sorry to hear of your loss i know exactly how you feel thinking of you

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Play on at the Bridge,
kittens
. Go be cuddled and cared for by the mama cats that have gone on before.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

I'm so sorry...

Rest peacefully, little ones.

At least they had a chance to experience your love in thier short lives. I'm sure that meant the world to them.
They will remember your kindness and heroic efforts when you're all reunited again.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes

Play on at the Bridge,
kittens
. Go be cuddled and cared for by the mama cats that have gone on before.
What a beautiful picture that brings to my mind's eye....yes, play happily over RB, little ones

Many prayers and vibes for comfort and healing for those earthly hearts who wear your little pawprints

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. So many mothers there to care for those babies. Play happily babies!!

Leslie