Frontline Plus on Amazon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh wow. They have Advantage Multi for $51!! Which is what I was using up until I switched vets.

I'm a happy Amazon customer, do you think it can be trusted for this type of merchandise?

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always order Advantage from Amazon....you can't beat the price with free ship!

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i ordered mine from bullwrinkle.com
i paid $114 for 12 doses of the over 9lb for cats and free shipping

iheartstrays

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never thought of looking at Amazon for flea treatments... great idea, TDOnline, Raggiekitty and Goonie!!!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I get Revolution for my indoor cats - it was basically $15 per monthly dose, but this year it was buy 10 and get 2 free. I get Feliway via Amazon, but it's really coming from another vendor...is this the same deal with the flea treatment?

I would think Dr. Foster would be pretty safe, but I"ve got to admit I'm a nervous Nellie and would end up buying from my vet in any event - if nothing else, if something were to go wrong, she'd have a record of everything. But I am an overanxious-mama.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
bullwrinkle.com is a pet pharmacy from florida. my one cat is on Denosyl and my vet sold it for $37 for a month supply and i get it from bullwrinkle for a $120 for 6 month and free shipping. most of thir pet meds are 40% off.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some online meds are not the same as what you get from a vet - different ingredients and strengths even if they are presented by the same name.

Personally, I would not buy medication online for me, my children or my pets - it's like playing Russian Roulette IMO.

For folks with multiple cats I believe they have ordered from Dr. Foster online but my understanding is that this online site is recognized by vets as being trustworthy.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Some online meds are not the same as what you get from a vet - different ingredients and strengths even if they are presented by the same name.

Personally, I would not buy medication online for me, my children or my pets - it's like playing Russian Roulette IMO.

For folks with multiple cats I believe they have ordered from Dr. Foster online but my understanding is that this online site is recognized by vets as being trustworthy.
Exactly

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't be shy about asking your vet for his or her opinion. I am sure there are some vets who object to ordering online medications, but there are other vets who are willing to tell you about sites they believe to be reliable. In this economy, people are always looking for ways to save, and the veterinary profession is well aware of that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Even a .001% chance of bad meds worries me so I haven't ordered from Amazon. It just does seem weird that Frontline at Petmeds is $86 for six doses. Why would it be $30 cheaper on Amazon even though they're both online vendors?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tdonline

It just does seem weird that Frontline at Petmeds is $86 for six doses. Why would it be $30 cheaper on Amazon even though they're both online vendors?
Because they may not have the same ingredients and are a knock-off.