Cat literally SNUGGLED with me today.

catattack1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have not been feeling well lately (caught a summer cold!) and have been recovering. Today I was taking a little nap, when I was awoken by my cat who came to check if everything was all right ("Owner is not normally in bed at 3 pm! Must investigate!") - he purred and kneaded me softly, and then something happened that shocked the hell out of me.

He lied down beside me, and crawled under my arm, so that my forearm was resting over his body - and placed his head under my neck and just rested there for about 30 minutes! He literally snuggled with me - in a position akin to a child hugging a stuffed animal of sorts. It REALLY surprised me. I swear it's like he knew something wasn't right. When I'd wake up or shuffle a bit, he'd start purring until I closed my eyes again. Is that weird or what????

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did it make you feel better?

Have you seen what HOSman has been saying about having a kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catattack1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Did it make you feel better?

Have you seen what HOSman has been saying about having a kitty?
It did, actually! If only emotionally, which is still an improvement! (I advocate holistic health in my house...)

Please share the link if you can, I can't seem to find it at the moment.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are pretty amazing. Some are more empathic with how we are feeling than others. I learned this rather quickly when I got horribly ill not long after we brought 2 kittens into our home. Ophelia was very young, not more than 7-8 weeks at that time, and still pretty feral. We certainly couldn't touch her yet; she was so scared of people. But while I was sick and in bed for literally 3 days, she came up and slept on my pillow almost the whole time. It was an incredibly touching and nurturing thing for her to do, even as she was so young and even as she was so untrusting of humans overall.
She's been our little nurse from the beginning, whenever either of us is ill.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I get back spasms so bad I can't get out of bed. When I turn over onto my side, Zane comes and streaches out so his spine is next to mine. My chiro suggests a heating pad for such times; mine's furry.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's very sweet! Some are like that.

You are lucky - last time I was sick (pneumonia - missed a month of work), SMidge had a total attitude b/c everything wasn't all about *her* suddenly