Big Changes in our Household! (All good!)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've really slacked off on keeping up with the happenings around here the last few months! And I miss it here!! A lot has been going on that I've waited to share until now. I'll try to be brief; but I'm not very good at that....

First off a month ago DH and I bought and moved into a brand new house!! We absolutely love it here; though we've already experienced several unexpected new homeowner projects.
We've been married 6 years now and working on purchasing a home for most of that time between paying off debt and saving. Some of you who've been around a while may remember some of the frustrations I had with our old neighborhood.

So God has blessed us with a brand new house! It's on a somewhat country road; literally just down the road from one of the state parks where we like to go. There is also a big county park almost directly across the street. We have a half acre of land. The couple across the street are semi-retired farmers who still have a very large garden in front of their house where they sell lots of veggies. I've still not gotten there for any though! DH and I are both MUCH closer to work here. It's sooo nice and quiet! The house is a 3 bedroom 2 bath at just under 1700 square feet. It's much bigger than what we had, but doesn't feel too big either. The house was complete when our realtor showed it to us; but was still in the possession of the builder.

That in itself felt like a blessing. The gentleman who built the house is nearly 80 he told us at closing! He's been doing this since he was 19. I'm not knocking younger people; but it just seems that people of his generation have such pride in their work and it shows in even the little details he put into this place. We met him and his wife at closing and they were just the cutest old couple! Our realtor has had people purchase his homes in the past and our lawyer (my mother was his children's nanny when they were small, so we had a connection with him) spoke highly of them as well. It was like our home was built for us before we even knew it.

The girls LOVE the place! There are lots of windows to watch birds from, and they are having a ball chasing the flies and crickets that get in.
They love having more space to run. Noodles recently figured out she can do laps and has really been tearin it up!

So that leads me to the next big change! (Some of you might have guessed or suspected this already...) The morning after we'd basically decided to put an offer in on this house we found out I'm having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I tried for over a year and I wanted to wait a while before announcing it to the world; but I'm now in my 15th week and doing well! Our baby is due the end of January. We don't know the gender yet but I'm hoping I can find out in about a month. Some of the first trimester ickies are fading; but some are persisting too. Our parent's are all very excited; but especially my mother! My step-sister has a child; but they don't live near us so they don't get much time with him. For my Dad's parents this will be the first great-grandchild so they are just so happy! My Mother's parents will be getting their 10th, 11th and 12th great-grandchildren in December, January, and February. But I'm the baby of the family and having my first so they seem a little more excited when I told them about this baby coming. (Not that they aren't super excited for the others too!)

So that's my big news! The girls and I just had an adventure removing a cricket from the house and I hear Noodles into something again so I better go see if she's trying to catch herself another snack or what is going on!
(I swear I did try to keep this brief!!)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!! congratulations hun!!! I hope you have a wonderful and safe pregnancy!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is super fantastic news! Im so glad the girls are happy, too.
Post some pics when you get the chance! We miss seeing you around

Are you going to find about about the sex of the baby?
Welcome Back!

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great news - so glad everything is going so well.

Yes please post some pics. of the new house it sounds lovely.

Best wishes for the future too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I must have dreamt you were pregnant cause I swore you were ready to deliver by now. LMAO

CONGRATS!!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Congratulations on everything
You and DH have been very busy.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by felineorc

Great news - so glad everything is going so well.

Yes please post some pics. of the new house it sounds lovely.

Best wishes for the future too.
Congrats on everything! We need piccies!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I will certainly get pics up of the house before too long. Right now the only ones I have are either with nothing in here or will boxes and what not all over. I've got a couple videos of the girls too.

Originally Posted by Pami

That is super fantastic news! Im so glad the girls are happy, too.
Post some pics when you get the chance! We miss seeing you around

Are you going to find about about the sex of the baby?
Welcome Back!
Oh most definitely! I have a degree in Interior Design that is going to waste while I work in a medical office....you have no idea how much my thoughts are consumed with every design detail of the nursery! I'm praying my little peanut gives us a good clear view as to whether he/she is a he or a she!!!
Originally Posted by gemlady

Mooch and Noodles are getting a sibling!
I've been trying to explain this to Moochie, who just can't understand why she can't knead my belly like usual. She kneads hard; and it hurts!
Originally Posted by katachtig

Congratulations on everything
You and DH have been very busy.
Yes we have.
Fortunately with the move we had a lot of great help from my parents and our church family. They even made sure our bed was put together and made for our first night here. It was very much appreciated!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Leigh Anne! What an exciting change for you both with the new house and baby!

I can't wait to see photos of the house and of the little sweetpea when s/he is born!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations again!
Pregnancy is so much fun, I cannot wait to find out if your having a boy or a girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Congratulations again!
Pregnancy is so much fun, I cannot wait to find out if your having a boy or a girl!
Me either! My family on my father's side are trying to go crazy shopping. Which is very very nice; but I want to pick things out! And as I tried to explain to my father last week, I'm not picking things out till I know whether its a boy or a girl! My Dad already bought me a crib and changing table, that I'm not too crazy about but that's kind of my fault.
I should have been more honest about it up front; and I would have, but our conversation got cut off and he'd already gone out and bought them before I got to talk to him again. I'm just appreciative they are so happy about this and want to do these things for us.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Me either! My family on my father's side are trying to go crazy shopping. Which is very very nice; but I want to pick things out! And as I tried to explain to my father last week, I'm not picking things out till I know whether its a boy or a girl! My Dad already bought me a crib and changing table, that I'm not too crazy about but that's kind of my fault.
I should have been more honest about it up front; and I would have, but our conversation got cut off and he'd already gone out and bought them before I got to talk to him again. I'm just appreciative they are so happy about this and want to do these things for us.
If you are creating a registry try to make it in January. We put a lot stuff on before the new year and all the designs were replaced Jan-March. People couldn't find half the stuff on our registry at the two stores. Shopping is fun. Oh keep an eye out for summer clearance and order large sizes like 12-18months