So happy, so sad.... kittens found new homes:)

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone:

I'm feeling so happy and so sad at the same time. I can't get used to the idea that today all my little kittens found new homes... can you believe that? They are 7 weeks today, but they are all eating solid food very well and they are strong and healthy.

A friend of a friend called me because he was very interested in one of the babies, an he came here to see them, he wanted a girl, but when he saw how cute they all are he decided to adopt two, a boy and a girl! I was soo happy, I want them to be able to have a sibling so they can play and have company. He told me the kittens will be indoors and he was going to take them to the vet today and will neuter them as soon as possible.

Then another friend called me and told me his father wanted two kittens too, so he took the other two and the mommy cat too!! I already had an appointment to have her spayed and he agreed to take her there himself, so the last two kittens are in their new home with their Mommy, how wonderful is that???

I'm feeling happy, but I always worry and feel awful after they leave, I love them so much, this was a beautiful, but sad experience for me. At least the babies and the mommy are in wonderful homes, so mission accomplished.

Here are the last pics I took of some of them:
Mommy Juliet

Penny and Charlie (below) went to the same home with their mommy, lucky babies!!

Charlie

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at the beautiful Juliet and her darling babies. I know it's a bittersweet day for you, but what a great job you did with this crew. It's great they have their forever homes.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute!! I imagine it was hard for you
They will have great forever homes, and are not going to be alone! That's awesome! Good job!
My only worry is that they are only 7 weeks old, quite young to get separated from their mommies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i know I should have waited longer, but they were about to be 8 weeks and they are eating 3 meals a day, they are very healthy and big and the people that wanted them are really great people and I'm sure they will be ok with them.

I decided not to wait because most of the people I know won't take them if they look a little big, it is very hard to even find a aceptable home for kittens around here, so I'm happy because these babies were very lucky.

I'm sure they will be fine, two of them are even better because they are with their mommy.

I did the best job I could with these sweeties and it was really hard, I have 6 cats of my own and I had to sacrifice their comfort to help the mommy and the babies. But they needed help and I would do it all over again, I love them.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto4kitties

Yes i know I should have waited longer, but they were about to be 8 weeks and they are eating 3 meals a day, they are very healthy and big and the people that wanted them are really great people and I'm sure they will be ok with them.

I decided not to wait because most of the people I know won't take them if they look a little big, it is very hard to even find a aceptable home for kittens around here, so I'm happy because these babies were very lucky.

I'm sure they will be fine, two of them are even better because they are with their mommy.

I did the best job I could with these sweeties and it was really hard, I have 6 cats of my own and I had to sacrifice their comfort to help the mommy and the babies. But they needed help and I would do it all over again, I love them.
And good for you for doing it.

Unfortunately, people want little kittens. While I do agree that kittens should be kept with mom at least 8 (if not 12) weeks before being adopted out, it's not always possible. Especially in situations like this, where momma was a rescue and there is no way you could keep them if they didn't find homes, I really think giving them up a bit early is the lesser of all evils. Actually, even though they are young, it sounds like ALL of the kittens have made out great. 2 are staying together, and the other 2 are still with mom. The 2 together will help socialize each other (although you may want to let the people you gave them to know that they are young, and may need some guidance before they know what kind of behaviour is acceptable).

Great job raising these kittens, and getting all of them (including mom!) great homes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so muhc zoeysmom, you make me feel a lot better, I've been feeling a little guilty about adopting out the babies before 8 weeks, but it was the best I could do. They ate well and I trained them to use the litter box, they are very good kittens.

I have to say I adore the pic on your siggy, LOVE it!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

And good for you for doing it.

Unfortunately, people want little kittens. While I do agree that kittens should be kept with mom at least 8 (if not 12) weeks before being adopted out, it's not always possible. Especially in situations like this, where momma was a rescue and there is no way you could keep them if they didn't find homes, I really think giving them up a bit early is the lesser of all evils. Actually, even though they are young, it sounds like ALL of the kittens have made out great. 2 are staying together, and the other 2 are still with mom. The 2 together will help socialize each other (although you may want to let the people you gave them to know that they are young, and may need some guidance before they know what kind of behaviour is acceptable).

Great job raising these kittens, and getting all of them (including mom!) great homes!
Very well said.

I'm sooooo glad you were able to find nice, responsible homes for these babies.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto4kitties

so the last two kittens are in their new home with their Mommy, how wonderful is that???
yup, wonderful!
It's good the litter was a mix of males and females, because it sounds to me like they lucked out and so did you

you might never lay eyes on them again BUT you've touched their lives forever