Kitty - oral hygiene

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FuzzySiberians

I was wondering if anybody here brushes their cat's teeth? Last night, I tried to brush Sasha's teeth. He is only 6 months old but his gums were bleeding. What to do?

http://www.fuzzysiberians.com
Bleeding? I'd call the vet and have them looked at. To answer your question, I use Oxyfresh Pet Gel on my cat's gums every other day and their water additive. It keeps the inflammation down and freshens their breath. I've done this for eight years and it makes a difference. I used to use a small cat brush, but IMO, this works just as well and it's a lot easier to massage their gums with my finger than a toothbrush.
for the bleeding gums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzysiberians

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

Bleeding? I'd call the vet and have them looked at. To answer your question, I use Oxyfresh Pet Gel on my cat's gums every other day and their water additive. It keeps the inflammation down and freshens their breath. I've done this for eight years and it makes a difference. I used to use a small cat brush, but IMO, this works just as well and it's a lot easier to massage their gums with my finger than a toothbrush.
for the bleeding gums!
Thanks, I will google
Oxyfresh Pet Gel