Question of the Day: Thurs. July 30

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my last one was seemingly difficult, hopefully this one will be easier.

How is YOUR summer going? Have you done anything exciting? How's the weather been? Any vacations? Or has it just been work, work and more work?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My summer has been , cold, wet, rainy and expensive.

I had oral surgery in January, eye surgery in February, more eye sugery in March, 2 back surgeries in May, one more back surgery in June....and another oral surgery yesterday. And there were a couple of Urgent Care visits for upper respiratory treatments (during January, Febuary and March) as well as weekly allergy shots. I'm dreading the bills...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

My summer has been , cold, wet, rainy and expensive.

I had oral surgery in January, eye surgery in February, more eye sugery in March, 2 back surgeries in May, one more back surgery in June....and another oral surgery yesterday. And there were a couple of Urgent Care visits for upper respiratory treatment, as well as weekly allergy shots. I'm dreading the bills...
oh my gosh.

I hate to ask but...
are you done with surgeries for now? Do you get to enjoy some of your summer next month?

I know our healthcare system isn't the best, but.... I certainly wish you had something similiar

I
that you get to enjoy a little bit, even a day at a beach or a picnic or something

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer here so far has been WET.

I'm hoping that August dries up a bit, and we can do some summer type activities.

It actually has been a bit boring of a summer for myself.

For my oldest daughter, summer has been good. She has been bbsitting fulltime this wk and last wk, and she's off to cadet camp for 2wks as of Sunday, home for a few days then off to her dad's for a wk, back home, then a wk later its back to school. Her bf took her to see the new Harry Potter movie for her birthday
Not bad for a 13yr olds summer

My other daughter was able to do some activities at the library, and spend almost a wk with the g-parents. Nowhere near as exciting as Kendra's.

Hopefully, now that we're getting some decent weather, me and Kay will be able to go to the beach or something.. some sort of "summery" activity.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like Chris my summer has been really wet but I too am also hoping August is a bit better.
This is the first summer in years that I haven't work Mega amounts of hours so I have gotten to do a few things that I wanted to. Got to visit with lots of relatives, and also attend a few festivals and such.
However the weather has put a damper on many of the usual summer activities in this area.
Next week the fall fairs season starts which I am really looking forward to because they are my favorite events to attend. This area of Ontario mainly has agricultural fairs so there are always plenty of animals to see, plus lots of crafts and produce competitions.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having a heat wave. I am melting. Jim has been working 12 hour days 6 days a week, so no holidays this year. When he gets home the kids all pounce on him wanting attention. Lets just say he's getting a little grumpy

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Summer I think has been a mixture of both wet and dry...we can't win!

Mine so far has been spent settling into my new job, and I'm loving it!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we don't have a real winter in Southern California (sorry to rub it in Canadians... hehe..
but I can, I used to live in cold winter weather), not too much is different besides it being 70-80 instead of 50-60 and lighter longer. No rain, not til December probably.

That said, we've done a few weekend trips and have a few more planned, nothing too long or far away which is ok by me, this year isn't such a good year for vacations for us. But we're fitting in some good beer fests around the state and stuff which is always fun.

Besides that, work is work. Blah. But hey, it pays the bills.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're down a person in my department right now, so I've been doing two jobs. The second job involves being the keeper for our fairly high-maintenance president. So it's been pretty much work work work.

The weather hasn't cooperated all that much, either. Most of the nice days have been through the week and the weekends have been dreary.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well haven't really gone anywhere this summer except to my parents and up north (60 minutes) to visit relatives.

Oops we did go to Madison in early June to the Flower Factory and a nursery selling unusual trees and shrubs. Going to Chicago early sat am to the Kane County Flea market which I am truly looking forward to (spending some $$$)

Anyhow its been really dry lots of watering, watering. watering.....
First summer ever working two jobs and I don't really like it even though both are part time. My gardens are really neglected and many days I'm not motivated to work in them after working in someone elses. This will get looked at when we do our taxes.

I've only went on two bike rides so far (grrrr)

The temps have been great though only mid-upper 70's and 50's at night! I slept with a wool quilt last night.

I will be glad when summer is over though.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weather here has been too cool for my liking. I like it hot and steamy and it's been downright chilly at times.

Work, work and more work here, with a lot of worrying if I had a job or not.

My vacation, if you can call it that, starts next weekend. I fly to Chicago to take care of my sister after her hip replacement surgery. A week of lifting her in and out of bed, giving her baths, cleaning her house and cooking for her family. If nothing else I get some quality time with my sister who I rarely get to see these days.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Summer's been soggy and involved alot of work...we did manage to get away camping for a week, though and it only rained one day, so that was pretty nice. Other then that, work's been insanely busy, DH has been working on and off, and we had to re-grade the backyard when we found enough dry days in a row. I don't mind rain, but this summer's been a little silly.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been in medical school all summer, so not really a summer for me lol
. Yesterday was my birthday, so that was fun, my friends and Jack spoiled me rotten.

Other than that I'm just packing things up and moving out of my apartment this week, so my summer has been a bit chaotic since I'm trying to move in the middle of med. school. Hopefully I can get everything settled this weekend and start to unpack!

The last week of August I have a few days off school before the next session, so I'm hoping to maybe do something then, even if it's just relax for a few days!

As far as Memphis weather goes- it's always crazy. Today for instance we had tornados and stormy weather. I'm assuming tomorrow will be full of sunshine......you never know what the weather is gonna be like here from one day to the next! It has been quite a stormy summer so far though.