Dreaming Kitties

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard the question asked before and we've all "surmised" answers, but I do believe they do dream.

A couple nights ago I was having some tummy distress and couldn't sleep. Now, normally I sleep like the dead so don't have a clue what goes on around me, i.e., thunder, lightening, hail storms, . . you get the picture. Well because I could not sleep, I was aware of Bijou and his sleep antics. He was sleeping with his head on my pillow facing me (his nose was perhaps 1-2 inches from my nose), when he started growling like he does at the vet or when he sees an intruder in our yard. This growling went on for several seconds to the point that I was concerned he might lash out at my face in his sleep. I touched him and called his name and he didn't wake up. I had to physically move him and talk to him before he work up.

I think he was chasing squirrels in his sleep and he had one up a tree.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, how cute! That must've been kinda creepy though, having him that close making those noises
. That's funny- he growls when people come into the yard? He's like a guard dog! Next ya know he'll be barking...

I'm pretty sure Pirate dreams too. He'll be kicking, twitching, making little weird noises, randomly purr in a deep sleep, and it's like trying to wake the dead to try to get him to wake up from it. I still need to figure out what he's dreaming about... I think he's just a happy little man, since he purrs too in his sleep. (Taylor just farts in her sleep, which wakes her up, then looks around like, "huh? Was that you? Sure as heck wasn't me! I'm tired..." Ah, the joys of being old- she gets away with soooo much!)

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course they dream, I'm sure some more then others......Maia is a dreamer, sometimes I see her paws move like she is walking or playing, and often she will be sleeping on her window perch, jump up and meow for me! I call her and she comes running for love as if she had a bad dream
......Our last kitty, Sweety, definitely had nightmares. She would cry out in her sleep and we would have to wake her up and calm her down, my baby girl RIP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I love your stories too.
Yeah, Bijou twitches in his sleep too, and, he snores.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

Awwwww, how cute! That must've been kinda creepy though, having him that close making those noises
. That's funny- he growls when people come into the yard? He's like a guard dog! Next ya know he'll be barking...
Oh, he doesn't growl at people, he loves everyone especially if they love on him but he doesn't like the other cats and squirrels in our yard.

That Siamese yowl is better than a bark.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred, my RB kitty, would meow, growl, kickbox, slap at things, and all kind of weirdness in his sleep, particularly as he got older. Sometimes he would lie on his side and move all 4 feet like he was running. We called that chasing moon rabbits.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching Arwen sleep the other night, and she was making these weird chirping noises and twitching her paws....but it was cute seeing her do that.

When Shark is sleeping, all I get from her is snoring!

iheartstrays

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Albert chirps in his sleep and will occasionally purr, but by far my most entertaining sleeper is Ramsey.

When he's out, he's OUT (takes after me!) and it takes a bit to wake him up. I think that makes all the difference, how deep a sleep they're in.

Today it was the cutest thing; Ramsey was asleep in front of the window next to my computer. I'm typing away, doing my medical transciption thing and out of nowhere I hear this *slurp.....slurp....slurp...chomp...chomp...chomp...*.

Ramsey was suckling in his sleep! But what made it even cuter was that he was not suckling anything; just going through the motions. Since he sleeps on his back, it was just the most supercute thing I've ever seen...today.

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fiona is like a statue or corpse while she sleeps, totally immobile

As for Lolly, she definitely dreams. She makes little whimpers and runs in place like dogs do. It's very cute!