It's official. I am now THAT woman...CAT woman...

somanykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my doorbell rings about an hour ago. One of the neighborhood kids (13 years old) asks me "is this your cat? We found her and didn't want her out in the thunderstorm." Great, so now every time a cat is found it is assumed to be mine. I already have 9 with the babies! Of course she is about 3-4 months old, adorable as can be, and HAS A HOME! She is obviously trusting and well cared for, even has a pretty little collar. So of course, she is separated from all the other beasts that are indoors because of the storm. She is in my daughters' playroom (I don't have a litter box to spare though!) I thought I saw scars that she was fixed, but not certain so I won't take the chance. Hubby says to put her in with the other kittens, but mommy is already superprotective, so I am not sure that is the best idea. Thoughts? Please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

somanykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not so far. Right now we are working off word of mouth. Fingers are crossed though. I simply CAN'T have another cat! lol!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Maybe since she has a collar she also has a microchip. Can you take her to a shelter or vet to have them scan for a one? Also, a local vet may recognize her if she really has been spayed recently.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh what the heck what's one more right?

Good luck finding the owner.

Take a picture and post a craigslist ad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

somanykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was always told by humane society and spca that craigslist is a VERY big no-no for posting pets. Apparently a lot of hoarders, fight dog trainers and medical testers go there frequently to find the animals they need for their nefarious deeds.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

Oh what the heck what's one more right?

Good luck finding the owner.

Take a picture and post a craigslist ad.
Run the ad on craigs list, but do not post a picture - when the person calls you, ask them to describe the kitty...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Maybe since she has a collar she also has a microchip.
I would defiantly take her to get scanned for a chip.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree, get her scanned for a chip and contact local shelters and vets, in case her owners go there to look for her. I would also keep her separate from the others in case she has some illness that just hasn't shown up yet.